|This person is an Acadian.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Acadians Project!
Around 1633, Marie Gaudet was born to parents Jean Gaudet and an unknown mother.
Around 1650, Marie married Etienne Hébert, brother of Antoine. Between 1651 and 1670 Marie gave birth to 10 children: Marie, Maguerite, Emmanuel, Etienne, Jean, Françoise, Catherine, Martine, Michel, and Antoine. According to depositions from their descendents, Marie came to France with her husband.
When Etienne died between 1669 and 1671, Marie married Dominique Gareau, Royal Sargeant, around 1676. They had one child Marie around 1677.
Marie died at Port Royal on July 30 1710.
DNA. The Mothers of Acadia Maternal DNA project is conducting ongoing research to verify their origins. In 2010, Stephen White reported Marie Gaudet had a J1b2 haplogroup. I don't know the details re how many of her descendants were tested to support this report. Ongoing test results are also reported here. As of May 2014, 9 descendants have consistently reported a J haplogroup, as have 10 descendants of her sister Francoise Gaudet. J haplogroups indicate European origins.
- 1671 Acadian Census at Port Royal: Marie GAUDET, Widow of Etienne HEBERT, 38, Children (married): Marie 20, Marguerite 19; (not married): Emmanuel 17, Etienne 17, Jean 13, Francoise 10, Catherine 9, Martine 6, Michel 5, Antoine 1; cattle 4, sheep 5.
- 1686 Acadian Census at Port Royal: Dominique GARAULT 60, Marie GODET; children of Marie (and Emanuel HEBERT): Michel 20, Antoine 16; and Elarie Garault 9; 3 arpents, 4 sheep, 3 hogs.
- 1698 Acadian census at Port Royal: Marie GODET widow 60.
- PARENTS-MARRIAGE: Janet B. Jehn, CORRECTIONS & ADDITIONS TO ARSENAULT'S HISTOIRE ET GENEALOGIE DES ACADIENS; 1630-1830; by author, 863 Wayman Branch Road, Covington, KY 41015, 1988; p . 10 (reference to Arsenault's p. 600). "Antoine Hebert and Etienne HEBERT were not the sons of Jacques and of Marie JUNEAU (ref. Stephen A. White, Centre d'Etudes Acadiennes). Etienne's wife Marie GODET was daughter of Jean and his second wife, Nicole COLESON, and not of first marriage. Pp. 554 and 555.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 White, Stephen A., Patrice Gallant, and Hector-J Hébert. Dictionnaire Généalogique Des Familles Acadiennes. Moncton, N.-B.: Centre D'études Acadiennes, Université De Moncton, 1999, Print, p666-667;800-801.
- ↑ [ http://www.acadian-home.org/acadian-origins.html White, Stephen A. Origins of the Pioneers of Acadia. According to the Depositions Made by Their Descendants at Belle- Ile-en-Mer in 1767].
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Marie by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share significant DNA with Marie:
- Gérard Arsenault - AncestryDNA
GEDMatch ID A418688
- Thérese Gaudet - AncestryDNA
GEDMatch ID A354105
- Irma Gaudet - AncestryDNA
GEDMatch ID A332931
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Roland Arsenault, Antoinia Breau, Jamie Swindells, Joe Sneed, Vincent Courtney, and Daniel Adamczyk. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On June 2, 2015 at 15:09GMT Jacqueline Girouard wrote:
On February 20, 2015 at 01:32GMT Jacqueline Girouard wrote:
"Etienne's wife Marie GODET was daughter of Jean and his second wife, Nicole COLESON, and not of first marriage. Pp. 554 and 555."
On February 4, 2015 at 20:23GMT Donna Storz wrote:
On February 4, 2015 at 20:20GMT Donna Storz wrote: