|This person is a descendant of a Magna Carta surety baron.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Magna Carta Project!
Second son and heir apparent (elder brother Geoffrey having died in 1283), he held the castle of Ludlow, Salop, the manor of Walterstone, and all the knights' fees which his father and mother had held in England, and jointly, with Joan his wife, the manors of Mansell Lacy and Wolferlow, co. Hereford, and Stanton Lacy, Salop. He predecased his father by more than 20 years.
In 1285 he received from the king a grant of murage for his town of Ludlow for five years. In 1290 he had a similar grant for three years.
- Husband: Piers de GENEVILLE
- Wife: Joan de LUSIGNAN
- Child: Joan de GENEVILLE
- Child: Beatrice De (Joinville) Geneville
- Child: Maud De Geneville
- Date: ABT 1283
- Place: Of, Ludow, SAL, England
- Husband: Geoffrey de GENEVILLE
- Wife: Maud (Mahaut) de LACY
- Child: Geoffrey de GENEVILLE
- Child: Gautier de GENEVILLE
- Child: Piers de GENEVILLE
- Child: Jehan de GENEVILLE
- Child: Simon de GENEVILLE
- Child: Jeanne de JOINVILLE
- Date: 1253
- Place: Of, Meath, Ireland
- Magna Carta Ancestries, by Douglas Richardson, publ. 2005
- This person was created through the import of master 11_12.ged, Acrossthepond.ged, Bwiki.ged, FAMILY 6162011.GED, Steele Family Tree.ged, WILLIAMS 2011.GED, Bishop Family Tree.ged, Ancestors of Lois Greene.ged, Rhodes 2011_2011-07-09_01_01.ged, FISCUS Family Tree.ged, Rankin-Ridgdill Family Tree.ged, Hooker Family Tree.ged, Weaver.ged.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Peter's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Brent Bowen, Jeffrey Steele, Ted Williams, and David Bishop. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.