- Peter (Geneville) de Geneville Knt.'s Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Second son and heir apparent (elder brother Geoffrey having died in 1283), he held the castle of Ludlow, Salop, the manor of Walterstone, and all the knights' fees which his father and mother had held in England, and jointly, with Joan his wife, the manors of Mansell Lacy and Wolferlow, co. Hereford, and Stanton Lacy, Salop. He predeceased his father by more than 20 years.
In 1285 he received from the king a grant of murage for his town of Ludlow for five years. In 1290 he had a similar grant for three years.
- Husband: Piers de GENEVILLE
- Wife: Joan de LUSIGNAN
- Child: Joan de GENEVILLE
- Child: Beatrice De (Joinville) Geneville
- Child: Maud De Geneville
- Date: ABT 1283
- Place: Of, Ludow, SAL, England
- Husband: Geoffrey de GENEVILLE
- Wife: Maud (Mahaut) de LACY
- Child: Geoffrey de GENEVILLE
- Child: Gautier de GENEVILLE
- Child: Piers de GENEVILLE
- Child: Jehan de GENEVILLE
- Child: Simon de GENEVILLE
- Child: Jeanne de JOINVILLE
- Date: 1253
- Place: Of, Meath, Ireland
- Magna Carta Ancestry 2011 2nd ed. Vol. III p. 187-188
- Magna Carta Ancestry by Douglas Richardson, publ. 2005
- This person was created through the import of master 11_12.ged, Acrossthepond.ged, Bwiki.ged, FAMILY 6162011.GED, Steele Family Tree.ged, WILLIAMS 2011.GED, Bishop Family Tree.ged, Ancestors of Lois Greene.ged, Rhodes 2011_2011-07-09_01_01.ged, FISCUS Family Tree.ged, Rankin-Ridgdill Family Tree.ged, Hooker Family Tree.ged, Weaver.ged.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Peter's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Ted Williams, Jeffrey Steele, and David Bishop. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.