- James Giberson's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
James "Jim" was born in 1791 in Wakefield, York (now Carleton County), New Brunswick to John Giberson and Elizabeth "Betty" Brown. (1)
Spouse: Mariam Bradby
Event Year: 1812-1829
Event: Mariage (Marriage)
Place of Worship or Institution: Frédéricton (Bureau de Santé)
Province: Acadie (Nova Scotia and New Brunswick) (New Brunswick) (2)
Clair Harris Zarges: It's a wonderful thing when we are able to read stories about our ancestors that bring them to life, like this one, from Wiley Waugh:
"From notes of Nadine Giberson Nyborg: JAMES GIBERSON James was the second child of John and Betty Giberson. He was born July 3, 1791. James came up river from Carleton County in the early 1800's. His brother, Frederick, came with him as far as Andover and settled there. Jim continued up Tobique to Arthurette. He was one of the Tobique's first settlers.
James married Maryann Bradley in 1813. They had 12 children between 1814 and 1840. Jim is said to have been 7 feet tall. Although he was lame, he cleared land, working on his knees with leather pads he had made. On his knees he was as tall as an average man. The house he built was on the corner of the river and the bogan of the farm now owned by George Giberson.
Jim was in the habit of throwing furniture into the bogan when riled. Once his son, Sam, thought he'd help. Jim asked, ":What are you doing to the furniture, Sam?". Sam replied, "I'm bogin' it". Jim said, "God, Sam, that'll never do." (I have seen lots of pieces of broken dishes while picking potatoes in the corner of the field where the house stood. "(3)
The 1851 Census of Canada finds James, his wife, and 8 children living in Perth, Victoria, New Brunswick. James Giberson 60, Maryann Giberson 59, William Giberson 28, Samuel Giberson 25, Daneal Giberson 23, Bachebe Giberson 20, George Giberson 17, Hamelton Giberson 14, Mary Giberson 11, Elesebeth Giberson 6. (4)
The 1861 Census of Canada lists James, his wife, and 3 of their grown children in Perth, Victoria, New Brunswick: James Giberson 70, Mariam Giberson 68, George Giberson 24, Hambelton Gilberson 28, Mary Giberson 21. (5)
1. Edmund West, comp.. Family Data Collection - Births [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2001.
2. Ancestry.com. Acadia, Canada, Vital and Church Records (Drouin Collection), 1670-1946 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2007. Original data: Gabriel Drouin, comp. Drouin Collection. Montreal, Quebec, Canada: Institut Généalogique Drouin.
3. John Giberson, Loyalist by Wiley Waugh, Sr. Rev. ed. Dec. 1999. ISBN 896849-10-5
4. Year: 1851; Census Place: Perth, Victoria County, New Brunswick; Schedule: I; Roll: C_996; Page: 6; Line: 16. Ancestry.com. 1851 Census of Canada East, Canada West, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2006.
5. Library and Archives Canada; Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; Census Returns For 1861; Roll: C-1004. Ancestry.com and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 1861 Census of Canada [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2009.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
- where is james jim giberson burried? Oct 9, 2013.
- is james jim burried in peel new brunswick canada?or is he burried in bath new brunswick canada. Oct 4, 2013.
- where is james jim burried Aug 15, 2013.
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with James by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with James:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
James is 20 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 42 degrees from Anne Frank, 23 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 32 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 20 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.