Randolph was listed as 6 years old in the 1881 Canadian census, living with his parents, William Giberson (age 26, farmer) and Martha Grant (age 23), and his siblings Hanford (age 3), and Stanley (age 1); in Gordon, Victoria, New Brunswick. (3)
He was 17 years old in the 1891 census. (1)
Randolph was married to Viola Lindsey on June 22, 1897 in Easton, Maine by Ether W. Sprague, Justice of the Peace. (4)
Randolph and Viola had a child, Merle Angus Giberson, in 1898. (2)
Randolph died 14 Sept 1898. His age at death was given as 24 years, 6 months, and 18 days; his occupation was given as farmer, as was his father's. He died of heart disease. The doctor was J.T. Dilling of Spragues Mills, New Brunswick. He was buried in Easton, Maine. (5)
1. John Giberson, Loyalist by Wiley Waugh, Sr. Rev. ed. Dec. 1999. ISBN 896849-10-5.
2. Our Family History (Gibersons): Accessed 24 Dec. 2013: http://gibersonfamily.net/getperson.php?personID=I00636&tree=Giberson.
3. Item no. 4938929, Household of William Giberson, Census of 1881, Library and Archives Canada. http://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/census/1881/Pages/item.aspx?itemid=4938929; accessed 27 Dec 2013.
4. "Maine, Vital Records, 1670-1907 ," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VZQW-ZD4 : accessed 27 Dec 2013), Randolph Giberson and Viola C Lindsey, 1897.
5. "Maine, Vital Records, 1670-1907 ," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VZQW-ZDX : accessed 27 Dec 2013), Randolph Giberson, 1898.
- ↑ Entered by Clair Zarges.
Thanks to Clair Zarges for starting this profile. Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by Clair and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Randolph's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.