- Richard Gilbert's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Please note: There is no reference in the cited article to Richard's father by any name.
The family lived in Yardley, Worcestershire (now part of Birmingham). He is taken to be born in 1550 based on his marriage on 25 June 1575 to Margery Morken (entry reads Richard Gylberde and Margary Morken); her parents are not known. He is assumed to be the Richard buried at Yardley on 8 Apr 1626.
This family was noted by Douglas Richardson in: “The English Origin of Thomas Gilbert of Braintree, Mass., and Wethersfield, Conn.” The American Genealogist. Vol 67 p 161-. Jul 1992.
He found no information on the parents of Richard.
Children of Richard in the Yardley parish records.
- 1. Elizabeth Gilbert - Baptized 8 April 1576. Married on 16 April 1605 to Thomas Marshe.
- 2. Parnell Gilbert - Baptized 15 June 1578 (a daughter).
- 3. Margarett Gilbert - Baptized 7 October 1580. Married to John Merston on 2 November 1603.
- 4. Richard Gilbert - Baptized 1 January 1585/1586. Buried: 18 January 1585/1586.
- 5. Thomas Gilbert - Baptized 25 April 1589. Married to Elizabeth Bennett on 29 August 1610. Died in 1659.
There are no Morken entries in the Yardley parish registers, none in the Worcester probate index and none in the 1603 subsidy rolls for northern Worcestershire (John Amphlett, Lay Subsidy Roll A.D. 1603 for the County of Worcester[Oxford 1901]). But there are Morgans to look at.
There is no burial in Yardley for Margery under the Gilbert surname, nor have probate records in the Consistory Court of Worcester or the Prerogative Court of Canterbury been found for either of them.
- ↑ Yardley Burial register (National Burial Index - transcript on FMP)
- Homer W. Brainard, Harold S. Gilbert and Clarence A. Torrey, The Gilbert Family. Descendants of Thomas Gilbert, 1582 (?)-1659, of Mt. Wollaston (Braintree), Windsor, and Wethersfield. (New Haven, Connecticut: 1953. (FHL-USA/CAN 929.273 G3776.) (NOTE -All data from this source except where noted.)
- Gary Boyd Roberts (compiler), Genealogies of Connecticut Families. Volume II, Geer-Owen. (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1983) Pp. 2-25. (FHL-USA/CAN 974.6 D2g v. 2.)
- Arthur A. Gilbert, D.D.S., compiler, The Gilberts Of Belpre, Ohio, Their Ancestors and Descendants. (Chicago, ILL.: Privately prented, August, 1935. (FORT WAYNE LIBRARY, Fort Wayne, IN.)
Thank you to everyone who contributed gedcoms to create the several persons who were merged together to create this profile.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Richard's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: John Putnam, Katherine Patterson, and Lori Jo DeWitt. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 23 Apr 2016 at 13:53 GMT Mary Landers wrote:
On 23 Apr 2016 at 10:53 GMT Lori Jo (Everts) DeWitt wrote:
On 22 Apr 2016 at 17:38 GMT Chris Gilbert wrote:
On 9 Jul 2014 at 00:15 GMT Anne B wrote:
Richard is 15 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 19 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 16 degrees from Michael Phelps, 26 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.