Please note: There is no reference in the cited article to Richard's father by any name.
Richard was born say 1550. He m. at Yardley, co. Worcester, England on 25 June 1575 Margery Morken. Margery’s parentage is unknown. A Richard Gilbert was buried at Yardley 8 Apr 1626. This date is used as his.
The family lived in Yardley.
Children of Richard in the Yardley parish records.
- Elizabeth bp 8 apr 1576; prob. m. Yardley 16 april 1605 Thomas Marshe
- Parnell bp 15 June 1578
- Margaret bp 7 Oct 1580; m at Yardley 2 Nov 1603 John Merston
- Richard bp 1 Jan 1585/6 bur Yardley 18 Jan 1855/6
- Thomas bp 25 April 1589; m Elizabeth Bennett
- Richardson, Douglas, MA. “The English Origin of Thomas Gilbert of Braintree, Mass., and Wethersfield, Conn.” The American Genealogist. Vol 67 p 161-. Jul 1992.
Thank you to everyone who contributed gedcoms to create the several persons who were merged together to create this profile.
Click the changes tab, to see the changes
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Richard's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, John Putnam, Denise Spurlock, and Karen Pelling. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On July 9, 2014 Anne B wrote: