No more info is currently available for James Godfrey. Can you add to his biography?
- Joe Fitzgerald, firsthand knowledge. Click the Changes tab for the details of edits by Joe and others.
- ↑ Entered by Joe Fitzgerald, Feb 19, 2012
James Henry Godfrey Sr.: Birth: Jan. 1865 in Charlottetown, Queens, Prince Edward Island, Canada Baptized: June 30, 1866 at St. Dunstan's Basilica in Charlottetown, PEI, Canada. Death: May 18, 1926 in Providence, Providence, Rhode Island, USA (complications of dropsy). After his brother's death, the gym George owned in Boston, MA was taken over by his son, George Henry Godfrey and James, himself. He was married twice. His first wife he married in Boston, MA . She was Henrietta Boudwin from New Glascow, ME in Aug. 23, 1886 and the other one was Catherine Marie Johnston (1881-1951) from South Rustico, PEI, Canada, who had 5 children with James H. Godfrey, Sr. (Annie E. Godfrey (1901 - 1966), James H. Godfrey, Jr. (1905 -1927), Elmer R. Godfrey (1906 - 1910), Lawrence C. Godfrey (1909 - 1933), and Freddie E. Godfrey (1910 - 1937)). She was married Sep. 22, 1905 to James Henry Godfrey, Sr. in Providence, Providence, Rhode Island, USA (she is related to his mother) with whom he had a daughter, Margaret and 6 more children. ( James H. Godfrey, Jr. & Alice Elizabeth Carter (1906 – 1986): Children: James Henry Godfrey III (1925 – 1925), Earl Henry Godfrey, Sr. (1926 – 1988), Catherine Marie Godfrey-Morris (1927 – 2002). Earl H. Godfrey, Sr. & Gertrude Banks (1916 - 1981): Children: Earl H. Godfrey, Jr., Lorraine Jimenez (Godfrey), Robert S. Godfrey.)
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA Connections
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with James by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share significant DNA:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.