- Martha (Grant) Giberson's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Martha was listed as "Marthlee," 23 years old in the 1881 Canadian census, living with her husband, William Giberson (age 26, farmer) and children: Randolph (age 6), Hanford (age 3), and Stanley (age 1); in Gordon, Victoria, New Brunswick. (3)
Clair Zarges: Martha's granddaughters told me that Martha's husband, William left his family when his daughter Edith was two years old, and that Martha died when her daughter, Edith, was 8 years old. Since Edith was born in 1880, this would put Martha's death sometime around 1888 or 1889.(4)Our Family History (Giberson family website) gives Martha's death date as 17 Jun 1881, citing as a source the C.A. White scrapbook at the New Brunswick Provincial Archives. (2) Harris-837 19:00, 28 February 2014 (EST)This death date needs to be verified.
1. Book: John Giberson, Loyalist by Wiley Waugh, Sr. Rev. ed. Dec. 1999 ISBN 1-896849-10-5.
2. New Brunswick Provincial Archives, C.A. White scrapbook, 1888. Cited on Giberson Family (website), accessed 24 Dec 2013 at http://gibersonfamily.net/getperson.php?personID=I15392&tree=Giberson.
3. Item no. 4938929, Household of William Giberson, Census of 1881, Library and Archives Canada. http://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/census/1881/Pages/item.aspx?itemid=4938929; accessed 27 Dec 2013.
- ↑ Entered by Clair Zarges.
Thanks to Clair Zarges for starting this profile. Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by Clair and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Martha's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.