- John Grantham's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Notes for John Grantham: Survey No. 557, Dobbs County for John Grantham 150 acres issued 30 Oct 1765. Land entered 7 Aug 1764, Book 18, page 95 (or 195), location is south side of Neuse River & lower side of Falling Creek. Survey 7 Aug 1764. The diagram of the tract as it was prepared by the surveyor is a irregular shape consisting of 6 sides and with a date of 7 Aug 1764 on the diagram. The text written in the handwriting of the surveyor, John Shepherd is as follows: Surveyed for Mr. John Grantham, 150 acres of land in the County of Dobbs the south side of Neuse River & loser side of Falling Creek, beginning at a blackjack on the south side of Green's Branch, thence turning across the Branch north 1 degree W 103 poles to a white oak in his own line, thence N 73 degrees E 68 poles to his other line, then along the same S 7 degrees W 34 poles to his corner white oak, thence south 85 degrees E 120 poles to a pine, corner his other corner, red oak, thence N 20 degrees E 120 poles to a red oak, thence S 23 degrees E 172 poles to a pine, and then with a direct line to the first station." Also surveyed (No. 208) for John Grantham, 600 acres which was land entered 6 June 1761, Book 15, page 389. Survey issued 5 Dec 1761. Located on the Horse Swamp joining his own lanDChain bearers were Richard Grantham and Joshua Grantham. A diagram of the land is not clear, but appears to be a figure of 7 sides, and with a date of 6 June 1761. Text by Philip Stone, surveyor is as follows: "Surveyed for John Grantham, a plantation containing 600 acres of land in the county of Dobbs, on the Horse Swamp, joining his own land, beginning at a red oak and runs south 100 degrees to a live oak in the Horse Swamp then up the Swamp with his own line North 6 degrees, W 464 poles to a blackjack, Richard Grantham's corner, then with his line south 90 degrees to a white oak the N 75 degrees west 220 poles to a hickory then N 1010 poles to a pine then N 45 degrees E 55 poles to a pine then to the first station." ------------------- A survey (No. 1099) made in Dobbs for John Grantham, 122 acres, Grant 349, issued 29 Feb 1775, entry 251, land entered 14 May 1772 (The name Wm. Palmer is entered at the place where the entry date is located, and it is possible that this is an escheat which arose when Palmer did not comply with the requirements for a patent), Book 27, P 68 and located on the north side of Falling Creek. Surveyor was William Caswell. The diagram shows a figure of 4 sides. The text is: North Carolina 10 Jul 1772. Surveyed for John Grantham a plantation containing 122 acres of land in Dobbs County on the north side of Falling Creek, joining the land he now lives on beginning at an oak standing near two Thomas Woodson's line and runs north 103 degrees thence north 2 degrees E 482 poles then South 5 degrees 20 poles thence south 65 degrees west 220 poles then up with the meanders of Falling Creek Swamp and the land of Isham Hatcher to the first station. Chain bearers Joshua Grantham and Charles Cogdale. [Grantham Edward I Descendants.ged] More About John Grantham: Date born 2: Abt. 1725, Surry County, Virginia.1079 Died 2: Abt. 1785, Wayne County, North Carolina.1079 More About John Grantham and Ann Brown: Marriage: Abt. 17451079 Children of John Grantham and Ann Brown are: +Richard Grantham, Sr, B 16 March 1754, Dobbs County, North Carolina1080, D22 June 1846, Grainger County, Tennessee1080. Source: Dave Robison User Home Page--Family Tree Maker[Grantham, Mary Ella 9 Nov 04.ged]
- WikiTree profile Grantham-97 created through the import of ROBISON Gedcom of DRR Ancestors and Descendants for WikiTree 01 JUL 2012.ged on Jul 1, 2012 by Dave Robison. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Dave and others.
- Source: S101 Author: Edmund West, comp. Title: Family Data Collection - Marriages Publication: Name: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2001.; Repository: #R3
- Repository: R3 Name: Ancestry.com Address: http://www.Ancestry.com E-Mail Address: Phone Number:
- Source: S464 Title: Grantham Edward I Descendants.ged NOTESource Medium: Other
- Source: S466 Title: Grantham, Mary Ella 9 Nov 04.ged NOTESource Medium: Other
- Source: S563 Title: RobinsonRobertson Descendants to B Winfield.FTW NOTESource Medium: Other
- Source: S564 Title: Robison Family Master File.FTW NOTESource Medium: Other
- Source: S566 Title: Robison Master File 08JUN02.FBK.FTW NOTESource Medium: Other
- Source: S682 Author: Ancestry.com Title: OneWorldTree Publication: Name: Name: The Generations Network, Inc.; Location: Provo, UT, USA;; Repository: #R32
- Repository: R32 Name: www.ancestry.com Address: E-Mail Address: Phone Number:
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of John's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Marie Cryer and Dave Robison. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.