Check children for merging
Daniel Grinnell was born at Portsmouth, Newport, Rhode Island about 1668. He passed away on January 17, 1740 (New Style)at Westbrook, then a part of Saybrook, Connecticut. His wife was Lydia Pabodie, the youngest child of William Pabodie and Elizabeth Alden Pabodie. They married about 1687. They resided at Little Comptom, Rhode Island where their first five children were born. About 1703 they moved to the west part of Saybrook (now Westbrook). Two more children were born there.
- Source: Woodworth-Barnes, Esther Littleford and Williams, Alicia Crane, Mayflower Families through Five Generations, Vol 16 Part 1 of 3, John Alden, Boston, Mass.: General Society of Mayflower Descendants, 2002.
- Source: Connecticut Town Death Records, pre-1870 (Barbour Collection), Original data - White, Lorraine Cook, ed. The Barbour Collection of Connecticut Town Vital Records. Baltimore, MD, USA: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1994-2002.
- Source: Godfrey Memorial Library. American Genealogical-Biographical Index (AGBI). Middletown, CT, USA: Godfrey Memorial Library. Vital Record of Duxbury, Massachusetts - Year 1911. Repository Name: Ancestry.com Address: http://www.Ancestry.com (Premium required)
- Source Title: Alden genealogy (Online version) Original data - Turner, Violet Main,. Alden genealogy. New York: The Alden Kindred of New York City and Vicinity, 1988.Original data: Turner, Violet Main,. Alden genealogy. New York: Note: "Issued serially in an endeaver to concentrate, combine, coordinate, cerrelate, contradict and correct statements in existing books which have been the source of much confused and erroneous information. The compilation will not be limited to descendants bearing the name of ALDEN, but there will be included, so far as obtainable, date concerning descendants bearing other surnames."|||"If information is obtained to correct or amplify statements already made, new pages will be issued in substitution."|||"Pages 3, 12-19, 23-29, 34 never issued"--Manuscript note on t.p.|||Letter from Frank A. Alden tipped on back of leaf 57.|||Errata slips inserted after leaves 66, 75, 78.|||Bibliography: leaf B.
- Source: Information was taken from[the Alden Kindred website]
- Source: Title: Ancestry Family Trees; Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Note: This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created. Repository Ancestry.com Address: http://www.Ancestry.com (Premium required)
http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx? http://trees.ancestry.com/rd?f=sse&db=sarmemberapps&h=1210706&ti=0&indiv=try&gss=pt http://trees.ancestry.com/rd?f=sse&db=agbi&h=3038151&ti=0&indiv=try&gss=pt
- Source: Title: U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970 Publication: Name: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2011.Original data - Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970. Louisville, Kentucky: National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution. Microfilm, 508 rolls. Repository Name: Ancestry.com Address: http://www.Ancestry.com (Premium required)
- Source: Author: Ancestry.com Title: U.S., Marriages Prior to 1700 Publication: Name: Ancestry.com Operations Inc. Repository Name: Ancestry.com Address: http://www.Ancestry.com (Premium required)
- Source: Author: Ancestry.com Title: Mayflower Births and Deaths, Vol. 1 and 2 Publication: Name: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.; Repository Name: Ancestry.com Address: http://www.Ancestry.com (Premium required)
- ↑ This information has been checked against source: Mayflower Families through Five Generations, Vol 16 Part 1 of 3
Thanks to Aaron Stump for starting this profile on 10 January 2009. Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by Aaron and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Daniel's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Theodore Palmer, Robin Lee, Becky Syphers, Charles Seamon, Jonathan Watkins, and Aaron Stump. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On March 22, 2014 Theodore Palmer wrote: