- Daniel Grinnell's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Mayflower Families.
Check children for merging
Daniel Grinnell was born at Portsmouth, Newport, Rhode Island about 1668. He passed away on January 17, 1740 (New Style)at Westbrook, then a part of Saybrook, Connecticut. His wife was Lydia Pabodie, the youngest child of William Pabodie and Elizabeth Alden Pabodie. They married about 1687. They resided at Little Comptom, Rhode Island where their first five children were born. About 1703 they moved to the west part of Saybrook (now Westbrook). Two more children were born there.
- Source: Woodworth-Barnes, Esther Littleford and Williams, Alicia Crane, Mayflower Families through Five Generations, Vol 16 Part 1 of 3, John Alden, Boston, Mass.: General Society of Mayflower Descendants, 2002.
- Source: Connecticut Town Death Records, pre-1870 (Barbour Collection), Original data - White, Lorraine Cook, ed. The Barbour Collection of Connecticut Town Vital Records. Baltimore, MD, USA: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1994-2002.
- Source: Godfrey Memorial Library. American Genealogical-Biographical Index (AGBI). Middletown, CT, USA: Godfrey Memorial Library. Vital Record of Duxbury, Massachusetts - Year 1911. Repository Name: Ancestry.com Address: http://www.Ancestry.com (Premium required)
- Source Title: Alden genealogy (Online version) Original data - Turner, Violet Main,. Alden genealogy. New York: The Alden Kindred of New York City and Vicinity, 1988.Original data: Turner, Violet Main,. Alden genealogy. New York: Note: "Issued serially in an endeaver to concentrate, combine, coordinate, cerrelate, contradict and correct statements in existing books which have been the source of much confused and erroneous information. The compilation will not be limited to descendants bearing the name of ALDEN, but there will be included, so far as obtainable, date concerning descendants bearing other surnames."|||"If information is obtained to correct or amplify statements already made, new pages will be issued in substitution."|||"Pages 3, 12-19, 23-29, 34 never issued"--Manuscript note on t.p.|||Letter from Frank A. Alden tipped on back of leaf 57.|||Errata slips inserted after leaves 66, 75, 78.|||Bibliography: leaf B.
- Source: Information was taken from[the Alden Kindred website]
- Source: Title: Ancestry Family Trees; Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Note: This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created. Repository Ancestry.com Address: http://www.Ancestry.com (Premium required)
http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx? http://trees.ancestry.com/rd?f=sse&db=sarmemberapps&h=1210706&ti=0&indiv=try&gss=pt http://trees.ancestry.com/rd?f=sse&db=agbi&h=3038151&ti=0&indiv=try&gss=pt
- Source: Title: U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970 Publication: Name: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2011.Original data - Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970. Louisville, Kentucky: National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution. Microfilm, 508 rolls. Repository Name: Ancestry.com Address: http://www.Ancestry.com (Premium required)
- Source: Author: Ancestry.com Title: U.S., Marriages Prior to 1700 Publication: Name: Ancestry.com Operations Inc. Repository Name: Ancestry.com Address: http://www.Ancestry.com (Premium required)
- Source: Author: Ancestry.com Title: Mayflower Births and Deaths, Vol. 1 and 2 Publication: Name: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.; Repository Name: Ancestry.com Address: http://www.Ancestry.com (Premium required)
Source: By anonymous Purcell. From Internet--Daniel's will was recorded in 1741 Vol. 6, page 69 of the Guildford Probate Records. Also records in the public library, Genealogy Section, Detroit, MI. "A Journal of American Ancestry, Vol. 1, 1912." Edited by a Lyman Horace Weeks. From the Matthew Grenelle's Descendants book. Daniel moved with his parents about 1679 to Little Compton. Married Lydia Peabody in 1683 an unrecorded date (universally accepted). Daniel and Lydia lived about twenty years in Little Compton, before moving to Saybrook, CT, West Parish in 1703. (A deed of sale in Little Compton and of purchase in Saybrook, both show September 1703.) He built the second windmill in West Parish and was a miller by trade. May have been in the military, as he is shown occasionally as Sergeant Daniel Greenell. Daniel was a malster, (a beer brewer).
From Internet--Sources: S0022 Elizabeth Bull Plympton, The Vital Records of Saybrook Colony 1635-1860; Pub. 1985; Santa Clara County Public Library, Santa Clara, CA., GS929.3746/V83 S0076 Susan E. Roser, MAYFLOWER INCREASINGS; Genealogical Publ. Co., Baltimore, 1989; Santa Clara County Public Library, Santa Clara, CA DEATH REF: S0022, p. 29. Mayflower Quarterly Vol. 5:137. American Genealogy Tag Vol. 53:105. Charts and Chronicles pg. 14. BIRTH-MARRIAGE-DEATH: REF: S00-76, p. 1.
LDS--married, Saybrook, Mamichiganmimi, CT.
- ↑ This information has been checked against source: Mayflower Families through Five Generations, Vol 16 Part 1 of 3
Thanks to Aaron Stump for starting this profile on 10 January 2009. Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by Aaron and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Daniel by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share significant DNA with Daniel:
- Mary (Lay) Lay-Stephenson - 23andMe
GEDMatch ID M071708
- Mary (Lay) Lay-Stephenson - Family Tree DNA Family Finder
GEDMatch ID FN46380
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Robin Lee, Becky Syphers, Theodore Palmer, and Aaron Stump. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On March 22, 2014 at 06:15GMT Theodore Palmer wrote: