This person was created through the import of DR fam 9.ged on 14 September 2010. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- User ID: 5E217B5A8DFC472EA2E2548D2CEAE7C97DEB
This biography was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import. It's a rough draft and needs to be edited.
- Source: S-1624354642 Repository: #R-1694730001 Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Note: This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created. Page: Ancestry Family Tree Data: Text: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=43826447&pid=886
- Repository: R-1694730001 Name: Ancestry.com Address: http://www.Ancestry.com Note:
Thank you to Kathy Stewart for creating WikiTree profile Gulledge-94 through the import of Frost-Gullage.ged on Aug 27, 2013. Click to the Changes page for the details of edits by Kathy and others.
Birth: 1770 Bladen County North Carolina, USA Death: Dec., 1861 Chesterfield County South Carolina, USA
Born near Drowning Creek which is today in Bladen County, North Carolina but then it was Anson County. Son of William Gulledge & Basheba (this is what she is called in the Deep Creek Church minutes)Watts Gulledge. He was a farmer and Baptist preacher. Rev. Joel Gulledge donated the land for the present Deep Creek Baptist Church in June 1820. At that time the church was Gulledge Meeting House. The present church is on land that orginally belonged to William Gulledge, his father, from which Joel acquired 100 acres on June 8, 1782. Rev. Joel Gulledge was the pastor of Deep Creek Baptist Church from June 15, 1816 until November 1858 except one year November 1853-November 1854 when Evander David was pastor. While Evander David was pastor he was still at Deep Creek Church. Was instrumental in helping organize or getting started several churches in Anson (Mt. Olive, Mineral Springs) and Union (Meadow Branch now Wingate) Counties, N.C. His first wife was Zilpha Huntley and his second wife was Jerusha Smith Sellers, daughter of Rilah Smith. This man was a pillar for the Baptist faith in Anson, Union, and Chesterfield Counties.
Children of Joel Gulledge and Zipha Huntley Gulledge:
Amelia "Rilla" Gulledge born about 1790-died July 17, 1860, married about 1808 James Gaddy born about 1783-died December 25, 1850, son of Thomas and Jane Gaddy.
Jeremiah Gulledge born about 1794-died about 1853, married about 1810 Phoebe Sellers born about 1787-died before 1850, daughter of Hardy Sellers and Mary Cook.
Thomas Huntley Gulledge born July 16, 1795-died December 15, 1857, married Rachel Ratliff born March 9, 1806-died September 18, 1884, daughter of James R. Ratliff and Frances Hamer.
Jeptha Gulledge born about 1799-died September 1842, married Catherine Sellers born March 2, 1806-died August 28, 1855 in Carroll, Tennessee.
Joel Gulledge Jr. born about 1797-died about 1880 probably in Chesterfield County, South Carolina, married about 1820 Sarah Elizabeth Sellers born about 1796-death date unknown. Joel Jr. was a member of Hopewell Baptist Church in Chesterfield County, South Carolina and is probably buried there with no marked grave.
Elijah Gulledge born about 1800-died about 1841 in Henry, Tennessee, married about 1818 Lively Little born unknown-died unknown Henry, Tennessee.
Mary E. "Polly" Gulledge born about 1802-died about 1850, married about 1831 Phillip Sellers Jr. born unknown-died unknown, son of Phillip Sellers Sr.
Nancy Gulledge born about 1804, nothing else known.
Lavinia Gulledge born about 1806-died August 1849, married about 1827 Hardy Sellers Sr. born March 2, 1757 in Johnston County, North Carolina-died January 17, 1835 in Chesterfield County, South Carolina.
Ailey Gulledge born about 1808-died after 1880, married about 1828 John Phillips.
David Gulledge born September 14, 1813 and died September 14, 1895, married Eleanor Lauretta McBride, daughter of William McBride and Mary Jane Blackwell. She was born in Darlington County, South Carolina. David moved to Van Zandt County, Texas. David's findagrave number is 8046977 and Eleanor's findagrave number is 8046935. They are buried in Edom Cemetery in Edom, Van Zandt County, Texas.
- ↑ Entered by Allan Thomas.
Thanks to Allan Thomas for starting this profile. Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by Allan and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Joel by comparing test results with other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- David Keys : 23andMe, GEDMatch M864632
- Charles Keys : 23andMe, GEDMatch M081952
- Michelle (Keys) Whittington : 23andMe, GEDMatch M335109
- Jean (Gallagher) Alford : 23andMe
- Pat Simmons : 23andMe, GEDMatch M392412
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Allan Thomas, David Robinson, and Kathy King. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Joel is 20 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 21 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 32 degrees from Gene Kelly, 28 degrees from Bram Stoker and 20 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.