- William Gulledge's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Birth: 1730, Isle of Wight, Virginia, USA
William Gulledge, the son of Edward and Alles Gulledge, was born in about 1730. This date was arrived at from the fact that William was mentioned as owning land in the Granville District of North Carolina on October 31, 1751. This is the earliest record found for William Gulledge.
In the lists of warrants for lands granted in May Court of Claims for the year 1769 by Governor Wm. Tryon, William Gulledge was granted 100 acres of land in Bladen County, North Carolina on the south side of Drowning Creek on May 3, 1769. Later this part of Bladen County became located in Anson County. On January 22, 1773, William was granted land in the South West portion of Drowning Creek in Anson County, North Carolina.
Marriage and Children
First Marriage: Barsheba Watts, (Birth: About 1755 in Bedford County, Virginia; Death date and location unknown but likely Anson County, North Carolina). Their children:
- Reverend Joel Gulledge, born 1770 in Drowning Creek, Anson County, North Carolina; died 1861 in Anson County, North Carolina; married (1) Zilphia Huntley Unknown in Anson County, North Carolina; born 1767 in Anson County, North Carolina; died 1856 in Anson County, North Carolina; married (2) Jerusha Ann Smith Sellers aft 1800
- Thomas GULLEDGE (GULLAGE), b. 1776, Anson, North Carolina, d. 1840, Holmes County, Mississippi; married Hannah Vaughn
- Stephen Malachi GULLEDGE, b. 17 Aug 1777, Anson, North Carolina. #Stephen Malachi Gulledge, born August 17, 1786 in Gulledge TWP. Anson County, North Carolina; died May 08, 1848 in Anson County, North Carolina. He married Rebecca Huntley Abt. 1803 in Anson County, North Carolina.
- Alice GULLEDGE (GULLAGE), b. 1779, USA , d. date unknown. Married Jacob Rushing
- William GULLEDGE, Jr., b. 1781, Drowning Creek, Anson County, North Carolina , d. 1849, Decatur County Tennessee
- Rebecca "Virginia" GULLEDGE (GULLAGE), b. 1785, North Carolina Or Virgina , d. Abt 1851, Probably Davidson, Cheatham County, Tennessee
- Mary Francis GULLEDGE (GULLAGE), b. 1 Jun 1787, Anson, North Carolina d. 1 Jun 1870, Randolph Co., Alabama. married Job Faulkner
- Martha GULLEDGE (GULLAGE), b. 1788, Anson, North Carolina, d. Bef 1854, Anson, NC; married Joseph Seago born 1774 Anson Cty, NC died Feb. 10 1847
- Elijah (Eli) GULLEDGE (GULLAGE), b. 1790, Anson, North Carolina d. 1870
- John GULLEDGE (GULLAGE), b. Abt 1794, USA, d. Abt 1862
Second Marriage: Temple Jones, married 1797. Their children:
- Brittain (Briton) GULLEDGE (GULLAGE), b. Abt 1798, USA death date unknown
- Frederick G. GULLEDGE (GULLAGE), b. 1801, Davidson County, Tennessee d. 22 Sep 1865, Williamson, Illinois
Death: 1815, age 85, Jones Creek, Anson, North Carolina, United States
Burial: Deep Creek, Anson County, North Carolina, USA
- ↑ Carney Family Genealogy Site
- ↑ EastBayAmigos.org, does not appear to be functioning
- ↑ Year: 1800; Census Place: Fayetteville, Anson, North Carolina; Roll: 29; Page: 240; Image: 55; Family History Library Film: 337905
- ↑ Year: 1790; Census Place: Anson, North Carolina; Series: M637; Roll: 7; Page: 185; Image: 448; Family History Library Film
- ↑ 1810; Census Place: Anson, North Carolina; Roll: 38; Page: 27; Image: 0337911; Family History Library Film: 00054
Thank you to Chuck Gulledge for creating WikiTree profile Gulledge-125 through the import of Gulledge Family Tree.ged on Nov 29, 2013. Thank you to Kathy Stewart for creating WikiTree profile Gulledge-95 through the import of Frost-Gullage.ged on Aug 27, 2013. Click to the Changes page for the details of edits by Kathy and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with William by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- David Keys : 23andMe, GEDMatch M864632
- Charles Keys : 23andMe, GEDMatch M081952
- Michelle (Keys) Whittington : 23andMe, GEDMatch M335109
- Jean (Gallagher) Alford : 23andMe
- Pat Simmons : 23andMe, GEDMatch M392412
- Summer (Binkley) Orman : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A239508, Ancestry member Summer_TN + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch A239508, FTDNA kit #B106204
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Allan Thomas, Kathy King, and Chuck Gulledge. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
William is 20 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 50 degrees from Anne Frank, 21 degrees from AJ Jacobs and 21 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.