- William I, Count of Hainaut (1286 - 7 Jun 1337)
- William III, Count of Avesnes
- William III, Count of Holland
- William II, Count of Zeeland
John II, Count of Hainaut and Philippa of Luxembourg
- m. Jeanne de Valois (Joan of Valois) before 1311. Issue: 8:
- William II, Count of Hainaut (1307-1345)
- John (died 1316)
- Margaret II, Countess of Hainaut (1311-1356), married Louis IV, Holy Roman Emperor
- Philippa of Hainault (1311-1369), married King Edward III of England
- Agnes (died 1327)
- Joanna of Hainaut (1315-1374), married William V, Duke of Jülich
- Isabelle of Hainaut (1323-1361), married Robert of Namur
- Louis (1325-1328)
- 7 children with Trude Boudijnsdotter van de Poule and other mistresses
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of William's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On August 22, 2015 at 11:37GMT Roger Travis wrote:
On May 7, 2015 at 10:44GMT John Atkinson wrote:
William is 20 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 22 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 50 degrees from Lisa Kudrow, 29 degrees from Kurt Vonnegut and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.