- William I, Count of Hainaut (1286 - 7 Jun 1337)
- William III, Count of Avesnes
- William III, Count of Holland
- William II, Count of Zeeland
John II, Count of Hainaut and Philippa of Luxembourg
- m. Jeanne de Valois (Joan of Valois) before 1311. Issue: 8:
- William II, Count of Hainaut (1307-1345)
- John (died 1316)
- Margaret II, Countess of Hainaut (1311-1356), married Louis IV, Holy Roman Emperor
- Philippa of Hainault (1311-1369), married King Edward III of England
- Agnes (died 1327)
- Joanna of Hainaut (1315-1374), married William V, Duke of Jülich
- Isabelle of Hainaut (1323-1361), married Robert of Namur
- Louis (1325-1328)
- 7 children with Trude Boudijnsdotter van de Poule and other mistresses
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of William's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On May 7, 2015 at 10:44GMT John Atkinson wrote: