William III, Count of Hainaut (1286 - 7 June 1337) was Count William III of Avesnes, Count William III of Holland and Count William II of Zeeland from 1304 to his death.
He is son of John II, Count of Hainaut and Philippa of Luxembourg
He married Jeanne de Valois (Joan of Valois) before 1311. They had eight children:
- William II, Count of Hainaut (1307-1345)
- John (died 1316)
- Margaret II, Countess of Hainaut (1311-1356), married Louis IV, Holy Roman Emperor
- Philippa of Hainault (1311-1369), married King Edward III of England
- Agnes (died 1327)
- Joanna of Hainaut (1315-1374), married William V, Duke of Jülich
- Isabelle of Hainaut (1323-1361), married Robert of Namur
- Louis (1325-1328)
He had seven other children with Trude Boudijnsdotter van de Poule and other mistresses.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Guillaume's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.