(Working on this! He had an exciting life, including several illegitimate children, a murder on his hands, and more.
By his wife Margaret he had issue: ....B1 James Hamilton of Crawfurdjohn, Knight, ancestor of the Hamiltons of Gilkerscleugh ....b1. Agnes Hamilton, m as his 2nd wife James, 6th Lord Somerville ....b2 Grissel Hamilton m (contract 28 June 1547) as his 1st wife Andrew Leslie, Master and later 5th Earl of Rothes, and d ante 4 June 1575 By Mariota Stewart Sir James Hamilton of Finnart had three illegitimate sons (Andrew, James and Alexander), by Elizabeth Murray a son and a dtr (James secundus and Elizabeth), by Elizabeth Elphinston a dtr (Agnes), and in addition sired at least another son and three dtrs (Cuthbert, Elizabeth secundus, Grisel and Elizabeth tertius ).
- WikiTree profile Hamilton-1253 created through the import of Foster Family Tree.ged on May 27, 2011 by Ferrell Foster. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Ferrell and others.
Various Ancestry.com Family Trees. http://www.baronage.co.uk/bphtm-03/hamilton.html
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Sir James's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.