- Andrew Jackson Hamilton's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This biography was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import. It's a rough draft and needs to be edited.
- Date: 1890
- Place: Jay McCollum Farm (Old home place), Larkin, Izard County, AR, USA
- Place: farmer
- Place: Methodist Episcopalian
- Type: Political Party
- Place: Democrat
- Reference: 21
- Note: #NI00021
- Source: S038301 Title: Boyles Family Records Author: Carolyn Lavaun Moss Boyles Publication: 1999 Note: #NS383011 Note: #NS383012 Repository: Note: #NS383013 Call Number: Media: Letter
No NOTE record found with id NS383011. No NOTE record found with id NS383012. No NOTE record found with id NS383013.
- Source: S039276 Title: McCollum (Betty) Family Records Author: Betty Guthrie McCollum Publication: 1997 - 2000 Note: #NS392761 Note: #NS392762 Repository: Note: #NS392763 Call Number: Media: Letter
No NOTE record found with id NS392761. No NOTE record found with id NS392762. No NOTE record found with id NS392763.
- Source: S039781 Title: Standridge Kith 'an Kin Author: Russell P Baker, Editor Publication: 1997, 1998 and 1999 Note: #NS397811 Note: #NS397812 Repository: Note: #NS397813 Call Number: Media: Magazine
No NOTE record found with id NS397811. No NOTE record found with id NS397812. No NOTE record found with id NS397813.
- Note NI000211. From "Goodspeed's History of Northeast Arkansas":
- "ANDREW J. HAMILTON has been a resident of Izard County, Arkansas since the year 1871 and has become
- well known to the people of this section as a substantial, enterprising and industrious till of the soil. Of his farm,
- which comprises 300 acres of fine land, he has 125 acres under cultivation and this he devotes to the raising of
- corn and small grain.
- He was born in the "Palmetto State" (South Carolina) in 1820 and was there reared and received his scholastic
- training in common schools. He first embarked in the battle of life for himself at the age of 25 years and in that
- time emigrated to the state of Georgia where he purchased a farm embracing 250 acres of land. On this he
- resided for about 27 years. Then as stated above, he came to Izard County, Arkansas.
- In addition to the admirable way in which he conducts his large farm, he is also one of the largest fruit growers of
- northeast Arkansas.
- While residing in Georgia, he was married to MISS MARY M. STANDRIDGE in 1849, she being the daughter of
- SAMUEL STANDRIDGE of that state and their family includes the following children: LETTITIA, ANDREW B.,
- REBECCA, MARY J. (Correcting note 1), WILLIAM H. (Correcting note 2), CELIA A., and LAURA. The mother
- of these children is still living. She, like her husband, being of the Methodist Episcopal Church.
- Mr. Hamilton has always honored the Democratic party by his vote ever being interested in political affairs. He
- is the son of JAMES C. and NELLIE (GILSTRAP) HAMILTON, the formers birth occurring in 1876 and he is a
- grandson of Hardy Gilstrap.
- To JAMES C. HAMILTON and his wife were born these children: EDLEY, ANDREW J., LETTIE, MARY A.,
- DAVID, THOMAS, AND NANCY.
- Mr. Hamilton (this is James C.) died in Georgia in 1876 (Correcting note 3) and his wife in 1859 in the same
- Correcting notes:
- (1) MARY J. should be MARTHA J.;
- (2) WILLIAM H. should be HARRISON DAVID or DAVID HARRISON; and
- (3) JAMES C. HARRISON's birth date should be 1786 not 1876.
- 2. 1880 US Census (1 Jun)
- Andrew J. HAMILTON
- Birth Year <1822>
- Birthplace SC
- Age 58
- Occupation Farmer
- Marital Status M <Married>
- Race W <White>
- Head of Household Andrew J. HAMILTON
- Relation Self
- Father's Birthplace NC
- Mother's Birthplace NC
- Census Place La Crosse, Izard, Arkansas
- Family History Library Film 1254047
- NA Film Number T9-0047
- Page Number 388B
- 3. Andrew was buried on the old home place in what was the orchard in a grave walled with rock slabs.
Thank you to Lawrence 'Larry' Chesebro' for creating WikiTree profile Hamilton-5907 through the import of LarryChesebro'Hamilton2.ged on Aug 21, 2013. Click to the Changes page for the details of edits by Lawrence 'Larry' and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Andrew Jackson 's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Andrew Jackson is 24 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 25 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 34 degrees from Michael Phelps, 33 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 23 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.