- Thomas Hanks's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
He married Elizabeth Ryan.
He had been living in Hampshire County Virginia when he entered service in the Revolutionary War. He was drafted into service in the fall of 1780. He served two tours totally about 5 months in 1780 and 1781.
Taxed on 320 acres in Washington County, Ohio in 1810.
In 1820, he was living not far from his son, Peter, in Ross County.
He moved to DeGraff, Logan County, Ohio a "few years" before 1833. In that year, while a resident of Logan County, he applied for a pension for his military service in the Revolutionary War. He was rejected, due to having served less the the six-month minimum required to qualify under the Pension Act of 1832.
Thomas and Elizabeth had these children (not in particular order):
- Joseph, b. bef. 1795
- Peter, b. 1 Mar 1796
- Absalom, b. 1800
- Isaac, b. 1803
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 "United States Revolutionary War Pension and Bounty Land Warrant Applications, 1800-1900," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/N95M-HZ3 : accessed 18 March 2015), Thomas Hanks, pension number R. 4,571, service Va.; from "Revolutionary War Pension and Bounty-Land Warrant Application Files," database and images, Fold3.com (www.fold3.com : n.d); citing NARA microfilm publication M804 (Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d); FHL microfilm 971,182.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Find A Grave Index," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/QVVL-JNP9 : accessed 18 March 2015), Thomas Hanks, 1834; Burial, De Graff, Logan, Ohio, United States of America, Huber Cemetery; citing record ID 19042243, Find a Grave, http://www.findagrave.com.
- ↑ This seems somewhat unlikely/out-of-his-way and isn't in his pension application. ~~~~
- ↑ "United States Census, 1820," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XHGQ-F6P : accessed 18 March 2015), Thomas Hanks, Springfield, Ross, Ohio; citing p. 274, NARA microfilm publication M33, (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.), roll 92; FHL microfilm 181,398.
- ↑ "Ohio, Deaths and Burials, 1854-1997," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/F68D-LTR : accessed 18 March 2015), Thomas Hanks, ; citing , reference ; FHL microfilm 182,735.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Thomas's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.