- Thomas John Harrington's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Note: Sarah Mason was removed as the wife of Thomas Harrington (and added as the wife of Charles Harrington). She was also removed as the wife of son Thomas Harrington (see his profile for additional details). ~Liz Shifflett, April 26, 2015
This person was created through the import of Holmes.ged on 20 May 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- User ID: E1EC1ECA-4582-4B31-A061-45CCF1A3FF46
- Record ID Number: MH:IF1123182
- Date: 1665
- Place: Northhampton, Virginia
- User ID: 2D970CE7-2E7F-4781-87A5-196D9A93C784
- Record ID Number: MH:IF1123183
- Date: 1744
- Place: Northampton, Virginia, USA
Record ID Number
- Record ID Number: MH:I3312
- User ID: B82F71BC-EA6D-442C-B5BD-533FBD90499C
- UPD 16 OCT 2009 14:16:19 GMT-6
- Source: #S34
- Page: Thomas Harrington
- Event: Smart Matching
- Role: 1000152
- Date: 16 OCT 2009
- Text: Added by confirming a Smart Match
- Quality or Certainty of Data: 3
- Note: In 1675, John Harrington purchased land in Surry
- Note: County, VA. In 1687, he was in the Surry County Militia. In
- Note: 1693, he received a land grant in Surry County, VA. In 1694 he
- Note: is listed as a titheable in Surry County and sold property
- Note: (Book 1, VA Archives.) In 1719 he received a land grant in
- Note: Chowan County, NC. John Harrington was one of
- Note: seven members forming a new Baptist church at Camden NC. He
- Note: purchased land in Bertie County NC, P101, index 361, Deed Book
- Note: C. He received a land grant for 300 acres in Edgecombe Co NC on
- Note: 2 Feb 1728 and sold the land to Joseph Bradley in Aug 1733.
- Note: He received a land grant for 200 acres on 1 May
- Note: 1742 and a second land grant for 200 acres on 5 May 1742 on
- Note: Arthur Creek in Edgecombe Co NC. His will was filed in
- Note: Northampton Co NC in 1744 with Drury and Mary Harrington as
- Note: executors.
- Source S34
- Record ID Number: MH:S34
- User ID: CC7D35F7-7779-499C-9628-4FE65FCAB9A0
- Author: Eric Wright
- Title: Wright Family Web Site
- Text: MyHeritage.com family tree
- Family site: Wright Family Web Site
- Family tree: Wright Family
- Media: 57793291-1
- Type: Smart Matching
This biography is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
- Note: Harrington-McLaurin
- Note: Harrington McLaurin
- WikiTree profile Harrington-890 created through the import of Harrington _ McLaurin .ged on Aug 1, 2011 by Linda Griffin. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Linda and others.
- Source: S536813853 Repository: #R536794466 Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Note: This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created. Page: Ancestry Family Trees Note: Data: Text: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=12132211&pid=1421
No REPO record found with id R536794466.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Thomas John by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Gregory Harington - Family Tree DNA yDNA 67 markers
Family Tree DNA kit 229612
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.