- Joseph Harris's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Joseph Harris was born about 1718 in Isle of Wight County, Virginia. He died in Warren County, North Carolina in 1797. Sometime prior to 1750, Joseph and his brothers moved across the Roanoke River and built homes along Little Fishing Creek in what is now Warren County, North Carolina. In 1754, he enlisted in a Granville County, NC militia unit commanded by his first cousin, Captain Daniel Harris. Joseph married Jane (Jean) Edgerton, daughter of John and Elizabeth Nicholson Edgerton. They were the parents of Howard, Robert, Martha, Elizabeth, Lucretia, Jane, Jellica, and Tabitha.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Joseph's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Kristin Merritt and Samuel Fulford. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 20 Aug 2016 at 15:34 GMT Linda Plummer wrote:
Joseph is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 20 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 25 degrees from Michael Phelps, 27 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.