- Hector Harris's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- Date: 13 SEP 1871
- Place: Bedford County, Virginia
- Burial: St. Stephen's Church, Forest, Bedford County, Virginia
- Forest, Bedford County, Virginia
January 22, 1998 from firstname.lastname@example.org (Jenny Graham-Genovese)
Hello to all. I have a Dr. Hector HARRIS, b. 1795 in Bedford Co., at "Norwood", to William HARRIS and Theodosia "Doshea" THORP(E). Hector had at least two brothers, Hannibal and Frederick. Hector married ca 1834 at St. Stephen's in Forest Depot to Catherine Adams ALEXANDER (b. ca 1810 at "The Grove" in Bedford Co.) to Thomas Cason ALEXANDER and Elizabeth INNES (sometimes spelled INNIS). Catherine had three sisters. Dr. Hector HARRIS and his bride set up housekeeping at their brand new home "Otter View"; there was a view of the Peaks of Otter from the house. They had the following children: Thomas, William, Frederick, Nicholas, Francis, Elizabeth (d. in infancy), and Mary Alice HARRIS. Mary Alice, the youngest, was born in October 1848 and was called Alice. All the sons served in the Confederate Army during the Civil War. Thomas became a doctor and set up practice after the war in Parkersburg, Wood Co., WV. Hector HARRIS had a nephew nicknamed "Cos Crow" or "Cousin Crow", after a song he was fond of singing. Crow had a sister, Ann Maria HARRIS, who wrote a diary of her life in Bedford Co. during the 1850s. I believe the original diary is in a museum somewhere in VA. I am descended from Alice (she married Andrew Frank JAMES in 1872 in Parkersburg, WV). I'd enjoy hearing from descendants of any of Hector and Catherine's children, and from any long-lost cousins out there. Thanks.
- Husband: Hector Harris
- Wife: Catherine Adams Alexander
- Child: Thomas Alexander Harris
- Child: William Warren Harris
- Child: Nicholas Cobbs Harris
- Child: Frank Harris
- Child: Frederick Henry Harris
- Child: Mary Alice Harris
- Date: 17 NOV 1829
- Place: Bedford County, Virginia
- Marriage License:
- Date: 11 NOV 1829
- Place: Campbell County, Virginia
- WikiTree profile Harris-2662 created through the import of MOORMAN FAMILY.GED on May 31, 2011 by Mary Elizabeth Stewart. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Mary Elizabeth and others.
- Source: S36 St. Stephen's Episcopal Church. Patterson, Helen Strange, comp.Historical Records Committee, Forest, VA, 1983
- Source: S44 1860 Census, Virginia
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Hector's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Hector is 22 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 23 degrees from Frank Russell Capra, 25 degrees from Mark Hamill, 22 degrees from AJ Jacobs and 19 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.