- Charles Harrison's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
I discovered wikitree just two years ago and now spend all of my spare time researching and confirming details of my ancestors and those of my wife (Sue). As I have a very large family I have tried to give future generations a start if they discover genealogy; I have done this by (where possible) adding a couple of generations of in-laws (and out-laws).
During my research I have made contact with many relatives that we in New Zealand had lost touch with or did not know existed
Five of my siblings were also born in The U.K, one (Phillip) John Phillip Harrison died from complications of Rickets before we migrated to Australia in 1961.
After almost 5 months in a migrant camp at Rooty Hill in Sydney's Western Suburbs; my parents decided to move to New Zealand. Rooty Hill Migrant Camp was formerly Wallgrove Military Base; we lived in Nissen Huts; children separated from parents and men from women. I am certain that the complaints about life at the camp was mainly responsible for the term 'whingeing poms'. It was a bit like Butlins Holiday Camp circa 1946 (but without the laughs).
We arrived in Auckland in April of 1961 where three more of my siblings were born.
For the first few years we rented a house at 52 Bright Street in Eden Terrace in Central Auckland - I (and my brothers and sisters) attended Newton Central Primary School.
During our early years in New Zealand we only got to know one other branch of our family - Vince Hart; his wife Hella Feld and their four children when they arrived in New Zealand from the USA. Vince was my dad's cousin.
Towards the end of 1966 we moved to our own home at 2 Rewarewa Road Te Atatu North (now known as Te Atatu Peninsular. I attended Rutherford High School (now Rutherford College).
In the late 1970's we had a visit from our paternal grandmother Charlotte Hart.
In the late 1980's we got to meet uncles and aunts from my mother's side when they visited New Zealand.
In 1985 our son Nick Harrison was born.
- First-hand information. Entered by Charles Harrison at registration.
- User ID: 6A242498-4961-491F-9B91-3AA632C923EC
- Record ID Number: MH:IF5
- Date: 2 DEC 1955
Record ID Number
- Record ID Number: MH:I4
- User ID: 3BD4538C-F592-49D9-AE20-78A3AD4D078D
- UPD 19 SEP 2010 16:45:09 GMT+12
- User ID: 09FBC061-5AD4-434D-977B-3267EACD5BAB
- Record ID Number: MH:IF173
- WikiTree profile Harrison-3137 created through the import of Harrison 23 Feb2012.ged on Jan 5, 2013 by Charles Harrison. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Charles and others.
- Charles's formal name
- full middle name
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (2)
- private siblings' names
- private children's names
- spouse's name and marriage information
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Charles. (Best for comments to Charles that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Charles that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On May 9, 2015 at 11:12GMT Robert Hathaway wrote:
I'd like to invite you to our "Weekend Chat" post on the G2G forum!
New members... say Hello and introduce yourself.
Leaders, Mentors, Pilots, and Greeters please join in and share your wisdom.
Everyone is welcome!
On April 2, 2015 at 01:21GMT Guy Constantineau wrote:
I noticed your new Club 100 badge.
Keep up the nice work.
On December 17, 2014 at 23:08GMT Maria Maxwell wrote:
If you are interested in joining just give me a shout.
On January 5, 2013 at 18:36GMT Maggie N. wrote:
If you have questions , someone may be able to point you in the right direction at G2G forums. We hope you like it . Some tips here to begin : HOW TO USE WIKITREE or check out the WikiTree video that a member created . Maggie N
On January 5, 2013 at 09:43GMT Charles Harrison wrote: