- William Hawkins's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Hawkins, William (c.1519–1589), merchant and sea captain, was the elder of two sons of William Hawkins (b. before 1490, d. 1554/5), merchant and MP, and his wife, Joan, only child of Roger Trelawny, of Brightor, Cornwall, the older brother of John Hawkins.
By his first wife, whose identity is unknown, Hawkins had a son, William Hawkins, and three daughters. His second wife was Mary, daughter of John Halse, of Efford, Devon, with whom he had four sons and three daughters; after his death she married Sir Warwick Hele, of Wembury, Devon.
- Basil Morgan, ‘Hawkins, William (c.1519–1589)’, Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford University Press, 2004
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of William's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 8 Oct 2014 at 15:47 GMT Lisa (Kelsey) Murphy wrote:
William is 20 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 38 degrees from Anne Frank, 20 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 26 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 15 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.