1. John Hayes and Ellen Ellis were married in Worcester in 1917 by Clergyman Thomas S. Donoghue. John's occupation was given as "clerk" and Ellen's as "at home."
2. John's birthdate on his Sept. 12, 1918 draft registration card was given as Jan. 27, 1898 (no birthplace given). He was a machinest at Wright Wire Co., Hammond, Worcester, Massachusetts. His physical description: Height - medium, build - slender, hair - brown, eyes - brown.
1. "Massachusetts, State Vital Records, 1841-1920," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/23B3-L6D : accessed 04 Dec 2013), Ellen M Healy in entry for John M Hayes and Ellen M Ellis, 1917.
2. "United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KZNC-YR7 : accessed 09 Dec 2013), John Michael Hayes, 1917-1918; citing Worcester City no 5, Massachusetts, United States, NARA microfilm publication M1509, (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d); FHL microfilm 1674507.
- ↑ Entered by Clair Zarges.
Thanks to Clair Zarges for starting this profile. Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by Clair and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of John's ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.