- Charles William Herrington's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- This profile may contain errors. Thanks go to Liz Shifflet for pointing these out.
- Charles William's father cannot be John Harrington, since he was born in 1718, before John Harrington's birth in 1719.
- It is unlikely that Charles William lived more than 100 years, so his date of death in 1822 is probably incorrect. Is it possible that there was another Charles William, perhaps his son, with whom he has been conflated?
Invitation to Edit
Do you have information about Charles William Herrington or his family? Please, feel free to help out with this profile. Thanks!
This person was created through the import of Holmes.ged on 20 May 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- User ID: 6EA49CC2-1F0B-4BC8-97F9-80BC4035C4BD
- Record ID Number: MH:IF448110
- Date: 1718
- Place: Craven, North Carolina, USA
- User ID: DBE02A88-B208-486B-B5D2-3D071471203C
- Record ID Number: MH:IF448111
- Date: 1822
- Place: Mississippi, USA
Record ID Number
- Record ID Number: MH:I1488
- User ID: CC387D25-2484-4466-B7FB-9839469E26EE
- UPD 21 SEP 2009 16:26:46 GMT-6
- Source: #S95
- Page: Charles William Herrington
- Event: Smart Matching
- Role: 2000091
- Date: 21 SEP 2009
- Text: Added by confirming a Smart Match
- Quality or Certainty of Data: 3
- Source S95
- Record ID Number: MH:S95
- User ID: 7F02C9D6-537A-489D-B5DE-E9F48A646F62
- Author: Ruth Herrington
- Title: Herrington Web Site
- Text: MyHeritage.com family tree
- Family site: Herrington Web Site
- Family tree: 6036842-2
- Media: 518283-2
- Type: Smart Matching
- A 1796 Anson County will of Charles Harrington names wife "Becca" [Bena], sons Charles, Sukey, John, William & Whitmel and married daughters Nancy Carroll, Mary Stegall, & Nell Hudson. Another abstract of the same will shows wife "Bena" and Sukey as unmarried daughter (also lists the three married daughters, and sons John, William, and Whitmel. The full text of that will is posted here (transcribed by Barbara Parsons). Sukey is daughter, not son.
The following three children named in his will were posted as children of Harrington-489 (they're not):
- Child: Nancy Harrington no (in 1796 will)
- Child: Nelly Harrington no (in 1796 will)
- Child: Mary Harrington no (in 1796 will)
Reference for the list of children was as follows (links require a subscription):
- S845368369: Edmund West, comp., Family Data Collection - Individual Records (Ancestry Online publication, 2000; APID: 1,4725::0). Text:
- APID: 1,4725::4190111: Birth 1719, Chatham Co, NC.; Death 1771, St Bartholomew, Orange Co, N; Marriage 1747, Fayette, Edgecombe Co
- APID: 1,4725::4190112: Birth 1719, Chatham, NC; Death May 1771, St Bartholomew, Orange, NC; Marriage 1746, Fayette Dist, Edgecombe, NC
- APID: 1,4725::4989692: Birth 1720, Either Northampton, Edgecombe Or Halifax Co, NC; Death NC; Marriage 1747, Edgecombe Co, NC
- APID: 1,4725::4228050: Birth 1728, Bertie County, NC; Death 1797, Pittsboro, Chatham County, NC; Marriage 1750
- APID: 1,4725::4228051: Birth 1730, NC; Death 1797, Chatham Co, NC; Marriage 1747, Fayette, Edgecombe Co
- APID: 1,4725::4228052: Birth 1730, Surry Co, VA; Death 1797, Hillsboro, Chatham Co, NC; Marriage Fayette, Edgecombe Co, NC
- ↑ posted by Sharon Harrington (see this page), contributed by Sherry Herrington, abstract from page 8, NC Wills, Anson Co. (the added comment about Charles m Agnes Hill being wounded at the Battle of Alamance, May 1771, is incorrect.)
- ↑ this page of Sharon's
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Charles William by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Charles William:
- Pamela Lloyd - Family Tree DNA Family Finder
GEDMatch ID F425835
Family Tree DNA kit 425835
- Nolan Henderson - Family Tree DNA Family Finder
GEDMatch ID F124098
Family Tree DNA kit 124098
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Liz Shifflett and Pamela Lloyd. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On February 9, 2016 at 09:24GMT Liz Shifflett wrote:
On January 28, 2016 at 23:20GMT Liz Shifflett wrote:
On January 9, 2016 at 14:54GMT Liz Shifflett wrote:
I thought I'd included that in my last edit, but apparently not. Sorry!
On January 9, 2016 at 02:43GMT Liz Shifflett wrote:
On January 8, 2016 at 08:32GMT Liz Shifflett wrote:
Charles William is 22 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 22 degrees from Frank Russell Capra, 24 degrees from Mark Hamill, 22 degrees from AJ Jacobs and 21 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.