Thornton lived in Summerfield, Guernsey County, Ohio. He moved with the Round Family in the 1850's to Cedar Falls, Iowa. Judging from his son, Samuel's census data, Thornton's family came to Virginia from England.
- "United States Census, 1850," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M85K-Z7X : accessed 10 Jan 2014), T P Haskett, Clear Creek, Clark, Illinois, United States; citing dwelling 633, family 633, NARA microfilm publication M432, roll 100.
- 1856 Iowa Census on Ancestry Shell Rock, Butler, Iowa
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Thornton by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share significant DNA with Thornton:
- Abby Glann - 23andMe
GEDMatch ID M818976
- Emily Reinhold - AncestryDNA
Ancestry.com member MNorton6898
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.