For the period March through June, 1902, there exists many touching letters from Young’s wife and children to Lemuel, who at the time (age 26) resided in Clark, NV. Lemuel, who had been estranged from the family four years earlier, was a young man of 26 suffering from an almost fatal case of typhoid fever. Young kept vigil at Lem’s hospital bedside until his eventual recovery.
He left Lexington in his youth due to a disagreement with his father around an affair with a local lady (Katherine Trainer?). These letters also beg him to return home, but he never did.
Lem changed his name and lived out his life in Kansas City, MO. A card from his boarding house's landlord, post dated July 7, 1943, informed his brother, Jack, and sister in law, Alma Hicklin, of Lem's passing. He lived at 1831 Jarboe Street, Kansas City, MO.
1. Family Bible 2. Letters between Lem and family members 3. Pictures
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Lemuel's ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Lemuel is 17 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 23 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 35 degrees from Gene Kelly, 22 degrees from Maureen O'Hara and 19 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.