"Stephen Higginson's first wife died in 1788, and he married for his second wife, on May 15, 1789, Elizabeth Perkins, daughter of an English merchant residing in Boston, and of no known kinship to the well-known Boston family of that name. She had one child only, - James Perkins, born July, 1991... This wife dying, he married, in September 1792, as a third wife, her sister [Sarah Perkins]." page 252-253; 
Marriage and Children
"James Perkins [Higginson], b. at Boston, July, 1791, married Martha, widow of George Higginson, and had children; Frances Saltonstall; Louisa Gore; Marry Hubbard; Sarah Rhea; Charles James; John Augustus; Henry Frederick."
Death and Burial
January 10, 1878; James P. Higginson; age: 87; address: 3 Spruce St; sex: M; condition: W [widow]; occupation: Merchant; father: Stephen; cause of death: Old Age; interment: 13 Central; informant: L. Jones 
- ↑ Life and Times of Stephen Higginson: Member of the Continental Congress (1783) and Author of the "Laco" Letters, Relating to John Hancock (1789); Thomas Wentworth Higginson Houghton, Mifflin, 1907; Digital Image, Google Books: http://books.google.com/books?id=o5scAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA252#v=onepage&q&f=false
- ↑ Essex Institute Historical Collections, Volume 5; Essex Institute; 1863; page 41; Digital Image, Google Books: http://books.google.com/books?id=tgMXAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA41#v=onepage&q&f=false
- ↑ Massachusetts, Town and Vital Records, 1620-1988; Boston Deaths, 1878; Digital Image, Ancestry.com: http://ancstry.me/1ewy9Qd
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of James's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.