He married Ida Fuchs (Fox) on February 25, 1886 in Saint Louis, Missouri.
William Young Hoagland was a police officer of the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department for 27 years.
- Baptism: Neshanic Reform Church
- Date: 25 Oct 1851
- Place: Neshanic, Somerset, New Jersey, USA
As of 1860, he lived in Hillsborough Township, Somerset, New Jersey with his father, Elias; brothers, Henry, Edward, Rynear, and Nicholas; and sisters, Anna and Mary. His mother, Mariah, had passed away in 1955.
As of 1900, he was living in St. Louis with his wife, Ida, and children, Clara, Elias, David, Caroline, and Emma.
Police Officer William Hoagland was struck and killed by a streetcar while on patrol on Belt Avenue.
He had just walked behind an eastbound streetcar and crossed onto the next set of tracks as a westbound streetcar approached. The westbound streetcar struck Officer Hoagland and pushed him ten feet into a utility police. He was transported to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries one hour later.
- ↑ "Missouri, Marriages, 1750-1920," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/V2DH-7T9 : accessed 30 Jul 2014), William Y. Hoagland and Ida Fox, 25 Feb 1886; citing Saint Louis, St Louis, Missouri; FHL microfilm 529033.
- ↑ "United States Census, 1860," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MFHK-M27 : accessed 30 Jul 2014), William Y Hoagland in household of Elias Hoagland, Hillsborough Township, Somerset, New Jersey, United States; citing "1860 U.S. Federal Census - Population," Fold3.com; p. 38, household ID 282, NARA microfilm publication M653; FHL microfilm 803708.
- ↑ "United States Census, 1900," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M38V-VSV : accessed 30 Jul 2014), William V Hoagland, Precinct 3 City of St. Louis Ward 1, St. Louis, Missouri, United States; citing sheet 5B, family 97, NARA microfilm publication T623, FHL microfilm 1240889.
- ↑ Officer Down Memorial Page
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of William's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.