- Daniel Hoar's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Concord, Massachusetts.
NOTE Regarding Mother
Mike Hobart, a direct descendant of Daniel Hoar said:
- I know of no verifiable information that the mother of Daniel Hoar was Alice Lisle. That speculation first appeared in the late 1800s to the best of my knowledge. Daniel's younger brother Leonard did marry Bridget Lisle, who had a sister Alice. However Leonard married Bridget Lisle in England by 1673 and John Hoar (Daniel's father) had married Alice ___ by about 1650. I know of no evidence that John Hoar had traveled back to England after emigrating to Massachusetts. Bridget Lisle Hoar and several of her siblings jointly petitioned Parliament to have the conviction of her mother overturned. This was before the date of death of Alice ___ Hoar and it seems unlikely that if her sister-in-law were also her sister, the latter would not have also joined in that petition. As I said, I know of no contemporary evidence that Alice Hoar had been born Alice Lisle."
Daniel Hoar was born about 1650 at Concord, Massachusetts.
- John, b. 24 Oct 1678; d. 5 July 1684
- Daniel, b. ca. 1680; m. Sarah Jones; d. 8 Feb 1773
- Jonathan, d. at the Castle, a soldier, 26 Oct 1702
- Joseph, d. at sea, 1707
- Leonard, b. 1684 (recorded at Littleton); m. Esther; d. April 1771
- Mary, b. 14 March 1689; d. 10 June 1703
- Benjamin, b. 1693 (Concord?)
- Samuel, b. 6 April 1694 or 6 April 1691
- Isaac, b. 21 May 1695 or 18 May 1695
- David, b. 14 Nov 1698
- Elezabeth, b. 22 Feb 1701
Daniel married 2nd, Mary Lee on 16 Oct 1717,
Daniel died on 8 Feb 1742 at Concord and is buried at the South Burying Place, Concord, Middlesex, Massachusetts, USA.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Concord, MA. Concord, Massachusetts Births, Marriages, and Deaths 1635-1850. Boston: T.Todd, printer, 1895. Internet Archive (Entries in order by date.)
- ↑ U.S., New England Marriages Prior to 1700 [Ancestry.com. database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2012. Original data: Torry, Clarence A. New England Marriages Prior to 1700. Baltimore, MD, USA: Genealogical Publishing Co., 2004. Vol. 1, Page 376
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Henry Stedman Nourse. The Hoar family in America and its English ancestry. Boston: D. Clapp & Son, printers, 1899.  Pages 23-24
- ↑ www.FindAGrave.com; Created by: Our Family History; Record added: Feb 09, 2015; Find A Grave Memorial# 142410689
- Source S-1525611297 Title: Public Member Trees Repository: #R-1829493010 Author: Ancestry.com Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2006.Original data - Family trees submitted by Ancestry members.Original data: Family trees submitted by Ancestry members. Text: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=112019&pid=-1228250367
- Source: S-1797763078 Title: Massachusetts Marriages, 1633-1850 Author: Dodd, Jordan, Liahona Research, comp. Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2005.Original data - With some noted exceptions all marriage records in this collection can be found at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah, and may be available through FamilySearch. Repository: #R-1799506703
- Source: S-1797888202 Repository: #R-1799506703 Title: U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970 Author: Ancestry.com Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2011.Original data - Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970. Louisville, Kentucky: National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution. Microfilm, 508 rolls Note: http://trees.ancestry.com/rd?f=sse&db=sarmemberapps&h=104980&ti=0&indiv=try&gss=pt
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Daniel by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Malcolm Hoare : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 67 markers, haplogroup R-M269, Ysearch R2EEX, FTDNA kit #369987
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Vic Watt, Toby Rockwell, and James Shand. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Daniel is 9 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 44 degrees from Anne Frank, 16 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 19 degrees from Abraham Stoker and 13 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.