- William Hogan's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
William Hogan came from Virginia to Clay County, Willis Bottom, Tennessee, about the end of the Revolutionary War. This is on the Obey River, now under Dale Hollow Lake. He is said to have married a full blood Indian in Virginia. They had two boys--William & Daniel. He left her and brought the boys to Willis Bottom, Clay County Tennessee. He married Jennie Rodgers and reared a large family. Young Hogan (son of William and Jennie) killed a man named Smith before leaving Tennessee. All the rest of the children (with the exception of William) also left, going North and West. Nothing more is known of them!!Only William Hogan (born 1777 ,of the children remained in the Willis Bottom area. He married Mary Spear and they raised a large family, many of whom lived and died in Tennessee and Kentucky.) Danial Hogan was found dead beneath a bluff. He never married.
- Place: Wills Bottom, Clay Co., TN.
- Historical reg. Of Virginians in the Rev., soldiers, saliorsand marines, 1775-1783. Ed. By John H. Gwathmey. Richmond, Va. 1938. (13,872p.):383
- American Genealogical-Biographical Index (AGBI) Volume: 81, Page Number: 322
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of William's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
William is 24 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 18 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 33 degrees from Michael Phelps, 25 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 21 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.