- Abraham Horton's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Abraham Horton Sr. Contributed By Robert Arthur Lawton · Aug 26, 2014, 11:50 PM · 0 Comments
Abraham Horton was born in Bucks County, Pennsylvania inn the year of 1722. He was of a Quaker family who settled along the Delaware River twenty or thirty miles north of Philadelphia. He married Martha, surname unknown. In the year of 1770 this Horton family journeyed to North Carolina and settled in that part of Rowan County which became part of Surrey County in 1771. Quakers had formed a settlement here and in that year they established a meeting at Tom's creek near the present Westfield, North Carolina.
Abraham Horton died at Westfield June 1, 1816, and was buried in the Westfield Quaker cemetery in Surry County, North Carolina According to Ronald Bolt of Union City, California
- Find A Grave
- Family History and Temples Including Grigg and Related Family Genealogies, By Dick Grigg page 156
- Family Search
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Abraham's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Abraham is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 16 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 20 degrees from Michael Phelps, 26 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.