Thomas Howard, 2nd Duke of Norfolk
- b.1443 Stoke Neyland, Suffolk, England.
- d. 21 May 1524 at Framlingham Castle, Framlingham, Suffolk
- bur. 26 June 1524 at Thetford Abbey, Norfolk.
- 1st Earl of Surrey in 1483
- 2nd Duke of Norfolk on 1 February 1514.
- p. John Howard, 1st Duke of Norfolk and Catherine Moleyns.
- m.1 Elizabeth Tylney 30 April 1472. Issue:
- Edmund Howard+4 b. bt 1472 - 1497, d. 19 Mar 1539
- Admiral Sir Edward Howard b. bt 1472 - 1497, d. 25 Apr 1513
- Elizabeth Howard+ b. bt 1472 - 1497, d. 3 Apr 1538
- Marcella Howard+5 b. bt 1472 - 1497
- Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk+ b. 1473, d. 25 Aug 1554
- Elizabeth Howard+6 b. bt 1497 - 1534, d. 18 Sep 1537
- Lord Thomas Howard b. bt 1497 - 1545
- Katharine Howard+ b. bt 1497 - 1545, d. c May 1554
- Dorothy Howard+7 b. bt 1497 - 1545
- Anne Howard b. bt 1497 - 1545
- William Howard, 1st Baron Howard of Effingham+8 b. c 1510, d. 21 Jan 1572/73
- p. Frederick Tylney and Elizabeth Cheney
- father: Hugh Tilney
- Duke also reported to m. 17 Aug 1487
- Caroline Maubois, "re: Penancoet Family," e-mail message to Darryl Roger Lundy, 2 December 2008. Hereinafter cited as "re: Penancoet Family."
- G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume I, page 253
- Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume II, page 153.
- Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume VIII, page 61, 521
- L. G. Pine, The New Extinct Peerage 1884-1971: Containing Extinct, Abeyant, Dormant and Suspended Peerages With Genealogies and Arms (London, U.K.: Heraldry Today, 1972), page 9.
- Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, 2nd edn. (2011), 3 vols, Volume 2, page 274, HOWARD 12.
- Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd edn. (2011), 4 vols, Volume 2, page 414, HOWARD 11.
Searching for someone else?
- Thomas Howard
- Thomas Arundell
- Charles Thomas (Howard) Lau
- Thomas Henry Howard
- Thomas Andrew Howard
- Thomas William Howard Jr.
- Thomas Howard
- Thomas Howard
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Thomas's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Bob Fields, Theresa Reynolds, Dawn Truitt, Wendy Hampton, Hal Hughes, Kylee Howard, Dorothy McComb, and Lucretia Ann Myers-Campos. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On November 22, 2014 at 22:21GMT Vic Watt wrote:
On November 22, 2014 at 19:31GMT Cynthia B wrote:
On November 4, 2014 at 04:05GMT Doug Lockwood wrote:
On June 20, 2014 at 05:15GMT Bob Fields wrote:
On April 14, 2014 at 04:07GMT Andrew Bassett-Smith wrote:
On December 8, 2013 at 14:51GMT Cheryl Caudill wrote:
On December 8, 2013 at 07:23GMT J Pictet wrote:
I changed the dates, but the other information has to be checked.
On December 8, 2013 at 06:40GMT Bob Fields wrote:
Thomas is 16 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 22 degrees from Frank Russell Capra, 20 degrees from Mark Hamill, 20 degrees from AJ Jacobs and 16 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.