Jonathan Hubbard was born 3 Jan 1658/59 in Wethersfield, Hartford, Connecticut, and died 17 Jul 1728. He married 15 Mar 1680/81, Hannah Rice, daughter of Samuel Rice (~1630-) and Elizabeth King. Hannah was born in 1658 in Sudbury, Middlesex, Massachusetts, and died 9 Apr 1747 in Concord, Middlesex, Massachusetts. Her sister Esther married Jonathan’s brother Daniel.
Jonathan and Hannah had eleven children, born probably in Massachusetts:
- Mary Hubbard was born 3 Jun 1682, and died 2 Feb 1769. She married in 1699 in Massachusetts, Daniel Davis, son of Samuel Davis and Mary Mead. Daniel was born in 1673 in Massachusetts, and died in 1741 in Massachusetts.
- Jonathan Hubbard was born 18 Aug 1683. He married in 1704, Rebecca Brown.
- Hannah Hubbard was born 20 Apr 1685, and died 23 May 1725. She married John Temple, son of Abraham Temple and Deborah Hadlock. John was born in 1681 in Massachusetts.
- Samuel Hubbard was born 27 Apr 1687, and died 12 Dec 1753. He married in 1709, Sarah Clark.
- Joseph Hubbard was born 8 Feb 1688/89, and died 10 Apr 1768. He married in 1713, Rebecca Bulkley, daughter of Joseph Bulkley and Rebecca Minot. Rebecca was born in 1696 in Massachusetts, and died in 1772 in Massachusetts.
- Elizabeth Hubbard was born 16 Jun 1691, and died 25 Dec 1757.
- John Hubbard was born 12 Mar 1692/93, and died 4 Aug 1761. He married twice, to Hannah Blood and to Azubah Moore. Order and dates are unknown.
- Daniel Hubbard was born 20 Nov 1694, and died 28 Apr 1784. He married Dorothy Dakin, daughter of Joseph Dakin. Dorothy was born in 1698 in Massachusetts, and died in 1769 in Massachusetts.
- Thomas Hubbard was born 27 Aug 1696, and died 1 Feb 1727/28. He married Mary Fletcher, daughter of Joseph Fletcher (1661-1744) and Mary Dudley (1667-1705). Mary was born in 1695. Her brother Samuel marries Thomas’ sister Abigail. There is no obvious connection between her mother and our Dudley line.
- Abigail Hubbard was born 27 Aug 1696. She married Samuel Fletcher, son of Joseph Fletcher and Mary Dudley, and brother of Mary who marries Abigail’s brother Thomas. Samuel was born in 1692.
- Ebenezer Hubbard was born 28 Dec 1700, and died 21 May 1755. He married Mary Conant, daughter of Roger Conant and Mary Rayment.
- Military minutes of the Council of Appointment of the State of New York, 1783-1821, N.Y.: State of New York, 1901-1902. Vols. I-III have running title: Annual report of the state historian. Vol. IV contains the index of names and general index. Repository: Ancestry.com
- William Montgomery Clemens, American Marriage Records Before 1699, Pompton Lakes, NJ, USA: Biblio Co. (1926). Repository: Ancestry.com
- Yates Publishing, "U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900," Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2004. Highly derivative; use with caution.
- Find-A-Grave Virtual Cemetery memorial #20642272 (user-contributed; use with caution) in Old Hill Burying Ground, Concord, Middlesex County, Massachusetts
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Jonathan's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Concord, Massachusetts 1728 Comments: 0. WikiTree Popularity: 1.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Jillaine Smith, Lois Hirsch, Roger Travis, and J. C. Adamson. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On July 20, 2014 at 12:52GMT Jillaine Smith wrote:
Someone had re-added Hannah Rice as spouse to the Connecticut man, and I merged John and Jonathan. UGH. I'll try to fix it.
On December 16, 2013 at 13:12GMT John Beeson wrote:
On October 17, 2013 at 03:05GMT Maggie N. wrote:
On September 23, 2013 at 17:34GMT Roger Travis wrote:
On October 13, 2012 at 01:01GMT Jillaine Smith wrote: