- John Huff's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This person was created through the import of Shortened files.ged on 30 December 2010. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- Name: John /HUFF/
- Source: #S773
- Note: @N6047@
- @N6047@ NOTE
- Gedcoms at Ancestry.com link him to Philip and Rachel (Jackson) Huff, but Granville Hough, Vol. IV, places a different John as son of that couple.
- May be the same John Huff who married poss Nancy Cox in 1818, res Fentress Co TN. Ch: John, James, Nancy, Alexander.
- Ancestry.com claims a daughter Nancy (1814) married James Crabtree.
- Another gedcom at Ancestry.com makes him the man who married Cynthia Sallee, with three children born in the 1850s. His children with Prudence at that site are:
- 1. Wiley Huff
- 2. Alexander C Huff b: 1809
- 3. Preston Huff
- 4. Didama Huff
- 5. Nelly Huff
- 6. Pamelia Huff
- 7. Matilda Huff
- 8. John Huff b: 1804 in Virginia
- 9. Celia Huff b: 1805 in Kentucky
- 10. Claiborne B. Huff b: 1810
- 11. Martha Huff b: 1812
- John's last name, in the 1850 census, is spelled Hough. Has in his home in 1850 son "Clayborn" and daughter Celia as well as her two sons.
- Different list of his children, from Ancestry.com. Children with Prudence Millsap:
- 1. John HUFF b: 1804 in Virginia
- 2. Celia HUFF b: 1805 in Kentucky
- 3. Wiley HUFF
- 4. Alexander HUFF
- 5. Claiborne B. HUFF b: 1810
- 6. Preston HUFF
- 7. Didama HUFF
- 8. Martha HUFF b: 1812
- 9. Nelly HUFF
- 10. Pamelia HUFF
- 11. Matilda HUFF
- Marriage 2 Cyrene Ann Sallee
- 1. Brandsford HUFF b: 1851
- 2. Florence HUFF b: 1855
- 3. Dian HUFF b: 1859
- Bruce York posted this at Ancestry.com, "York's Fentress County Tennessee": Donna Skidmore Barlow -- This is what James Miller Huff's daughter copied. As you can see there were two Prestons. John Huff was her great-grandfather. I am sure James Miller Huff copied it from a Bible.
- John Huff Sr. died in 1862
- wife Nancy Chisham
- Wiley Huff-Never married
- Alexander Huff m. Martha Sallee
- Clayborn Huff m. Serella Millsaps
- Preston Huff (a doctor) m._____Turner
- Celia Huff married John Sublett
- Didama Huff m. Lewis Huff (Cousin)
- Prudy Hufff m. James Mc Gee
- Permelia Huff m. Lt. Hiram Marcum
- Manerva Huff m. Lt. Cy Claunch
- John Huff Sr married #2 Cyrene Ann Sallee Eliott
- Branford Huff
- Florene Huff
- Dian Huff.
- Son Alexander Huff
- Married Martha "Patsy" Sallee
- Pamelia Ann Huff 1837-1839
- Didama Huff, m. Capt. Martin Van B. Duvall
- Nancy Huff m. Lt. Andrew Huff (2nd cousin)
- Lt. Preston "Press" Huff m. Brazil Huff (2nd cousin)
- Lucinda Huff m. Capt. Eli Hatfield
- John Huff m. Sarah Harmon
- Mc Cayger Huff m. Matty Washer
- Landon Carter Huff m. Juan Sandusky
- Mary Clementine Huff m. Marion Francis Crockett then Fleming Williams
- James Miller Huff m. Mary E. Brunch
- Thursey Jane Huff m. John Moody
- Elender Elizabeth Huff m. Millard Filmore Hurst
- Alexander C. Huff b. April 10 1858 m. Mary Parmley
- Flordia Huff m. Dudley Parmley
- User ID: 36D721BABC8646C3BA08DBDF815D48B48946
- Data Changed:
- Date: 13 JUN 2010
Prior to import, this record was last changed 13 JUN 2010.
- Source S773
- Text: Chart sent by Granville Hough. This is from Jack Ferguson, Early Times in Clinton County (KY), Vol. 1, pages 124 and 125, "The Huff Family." Granville added notes in his handwriting.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of John's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.