- Sarah (Hutchinson) Leslie's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- Source S736 has:
- Sarah Hutchinson (H5), the author's great-great-great-grandmother, born probably around 1740, married Samuel Leslie (L1), as before stated, most likely in County Antrim, North Ireland. Sarah is one of the two Hutchinson sisters we know most about, the other being Elizabeth, who was Andrew Jackson's mother. Samuel Leslie and family moved south from Pennsylvania in one of the migrations and settled in the early or middle 1760s on the north side of Waxhaw Creek, near George McKemey. Their lives will be discussed in detail in the next chapter.
- Samuel Leslie had another brother besides John. Recently, in early 1976, it was learned that there was a George Leslie (1734 - 1775) who is buried near the city of York, S.C. He is believed to have been a brother of Samuel and John and he is assigned the family designator of L3. He, of course, did not marry a Hutchinson sister, therefore it is more appropriate to cover him and his descendants in the next chapter.
- According to the Walkup Papers, there was a James Leslie living within 100 yards of Samuel Leslie in the 1790's. The relationship of Samuel and James Leslie is not clear. Though there is no proof that they were brothers , or indeed any blood kin, the families of Samuel, John and James Leslie were closely associated in other ways, and there is a need for a means of easy reference to James. Therefor James Leslie is assigned the family designator L4 (actually he was older, born about 1724)."
- Source S697
- Abbreviation: IGI Family Group Record_141
- Title: IGI Family Group Record_141
- Text: Family Group Record «tab»FamilySearch Ancestral File v4.19
- Search Results | Download GEDCOM | Print
- Husband's Name
- James P. HUTCHINSON (AFN:6WF9-QF) Pedigree
- Born: 10 Jan 1692 Place: Belfast, Ireland
- Died: 12 Nov 1748 Place: Va
- Married: 1736 Place: Belfast, Ireland
- Wife's Name
- Hannah HOWERTON (AFN:6WF9-RL) Pedigree
- Born: 3 Jun 1694 Place: Belfast, Ireland
- Died: 7 Apr 1770 Place: Va
- Married: 1736 Place: Belfast, Ireland
- 1. Sex Name
- F Sally HUTCHINSON (AFN:6WFC-74) Pedigree
- Born: Abt 1747 Place: Ireland
- 2. Sex Name
- FJannette HUTCHINSON (AFN:6WFC-89) Pedigree
- Born: Abt 1749Place: France
- 3. Sex Name
- M Peter HUTCHINSON (AFN:6WF9-JD) Pedigree
- Born: 1748 Place: France
- Died: 30 Jun 1785 Place:
- 4. Sex Name
- F Elizabeth HUTCHINSON (AFN:6WFC-4L) Pedigree
- Born: 1737 Place: Ireland
- Died: 2 Nov 1781 Place: Charlestown, , South Carolina
- Buried: Nov 1781 Place: Charleston, , South Carolina
- 5. Sex Name
- F Martha (Patsy) HUTCHINSON (AFN:6WFC-5R) Pedigree
- Born: 1740 Place: Ireland
- 6. Sex Name
- F Jane HUTCHINSON (AFN:6WFC-6X) Pedigree
- Born: 1745 Place: Ireland
- Source S702
- Abbreviation: IGI Individual Record_222
- Title: IGI Individual Record_222
- Text: Individual Record «tab»FamilySearch Pedigree Resource File
- Search Results | Print
- Samuel Leslie Compact Disc #44 Pin #937525 «tab»Pedigree
- Sex: M
- Birth: abt 1745
- Spouse: Sarah Hutchinson Disc #44 Pin #937526 «tab»
- Marriage: 1764
- Antrim, Ireland
- Notes and Sources
- Notes: None
- Sources: None
- LAWRENCE DALE CHAPMAN
- 10102 W. IDA AVE. #223 LITTLETON, COLORADO 80127-204
- Source S716
- Abbreviation: Lesslie, Descendants
- Title: Descendants of Lesslie
- Author: Odom, Robert O.
- Publication: http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/o/d/o/Robert-L-Odom-SC/GENE2-0002.html
- Text: Descendants of Lesslie
- Generation No. 1
- Children of ? LESSLIE are:
- i. JAMES«sup»2«/sup» LESSLIE, b. Abt. 1732; d. November 20, 1804.
- ii. JOHN LESSLIE, b. Abt. 1732; d. November 20, 1804.
- iii. GEORGE LESSLIE I, b. Abt. 1734, County Tyrone, Ireland; d. September 15, 1775, York Co. S.C.,Buried Beersheba Church yard.
- iv. SAMUEL LESSLIE, b. Abt. 1735, Northern Ireland; d. November 1786, Mecklenberg Co., N.C..
- Generation No. 2
- JAMES LESSLIE was born Abt. 1732, and died November 20, 1804. He married NANCY ?. She was born 1730, and died June 28, 1821.
- Children of JAMES LESSLIE and NANCY ? are:
- i. JAMES LESSLIE II, m. JENNET LESSLIE.
- ii. ROBERT LESSLIE, b. December 31, 1769; d. April 04, 1813, York Co.
- S.C.,Buried in Bethany A.R.P.Cemetery.
- iii. JOHN LESSLIE was born Abt. 1732, and died November 20, 1804. He married MARY HUTCHINSON Abt. 1751 in Comick Fergus, County Antrim.Northern Ireland, daughter of FRANCIS CYRUS HUTCHINSON. She was born Abt. 1736 in Comick Fergus, County Antrim.Northern Ireland.
- Children of JOHN LESSLIE and MARY HUTCHINSON are:
- i. JOHN LESSLIE,JR., b. Abt. 1759; d. Abt. 1811.
- ii. MARGARET LESSLIE, b. Abt. 1757; m. SAMUEL CARROLL.
- iii. SARAH LESSLIE, b. Abt. 1754; m. GILBERT KENNEDY; b. Abt. 1753.
- iv. ELIZABETH LESSLIE, m. ? ORMAND.
- v. MARY ANN LESSLIE.
- vi. JENNET LESSLIE, m. JAMES LESSLIE II.
- vii.GEORGE LESSLIE I was born Abt. 1734 in County Tyrone, Ireland, and died September 15, 1775 in York Co. S.C.,Buried Beersheba Church yard. He married MARY ? Abt. 1760. She was born 1735 in Ireland, and died July 01, 1800 in York Co. S.C.,Buried Beersheba Church yard.
- Children of GEORGE LESSLIE and MARY ? are:
- i. MARY LESSLIE, b. 1761; d. February 02, 1848, York Co. S.C.,Buried Beersheba Church yard; m. SAMUEL BURNS, July 20, 1781, York Co. S.C..
- ii. SAMUEL LESSLIE, b. Abt. 1767, York Co. S.C.; d. Abt. 1837, Phillips Co. Ark..
- iii. GRACE LESSLIE, b. Abt. 1774.
- iv. JANE LESSLIE, b. May 29, 1771; d. February 24, 1803, York Co. S.C.,Buried in Bethany A.R.P.Cemetery.
- v.SAMUEL LESSLIE was born Abt. 1735 in Northern Ireland, and died November 1786 in Mecklenberg Co., N.C.. He married (1) SARAH HUTCHINSON 1750 in Comick Fergus, County Antrim.Northern Ireland, daughter of FRANCIS CYRUS HUTCHINSON. She was born Abt. 1738 in Comick Fergus, County Antrim.Northern Ireland, and died 1795 in Lancaster Dist., S.C.. He married (2) ? CRAIG 1795.
- Children of SAMUEL LESSLIE and SARAH HUTCHINSON are:
- i. SAMUEL LESSLIE II, b. Abt. 1763; d. August 1805, York Co. S.C..
- ii. SARAH LESSLIE, b. Abt. 1760; d. July 30, 1825.
- iii. GEORGE LESSLIE II, b. Abt. 1765; m. REBECCA ?.
- iv. MARY LESSLIE, b. Abt. 1771; d. October 20, 1828, Lancaster Co., South Carolina.
- v. JOHN LESSLIE, b. Abt. 1764, N.C,(in wagon train in route from Pa. to S.C.); d. 1840, Carroll Co. Tenn..
- vi. WILLIAM LESSLIE, d. Abbeville,S.C..
- vii. JANE LESSLIE.
- viii. ROBERT LESSLIE.
- Note: The web pages at the URL listed run to 9 generations. There is nothing on the descendants of Sarah Lesllie and Gilbert Kennedy I.
- Source S736
Sarah was born in 1737. Sarah Hutchinson ... She passed away in 1811. 
Nandy was born about 1752. Nandy Allison ... She passed away about 1810. 
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Sarah by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share significant DNA with Sarah:
- Julia Lansberry - 23andMe
GEDMatch ID M071333
- Julia Lansberry - Family Tree DNA Family Finder
Family Tree DNA kit 347533
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Joe Sneed and Butch Lesley. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On June 9, 2015 at 20:59GMT Butch Lesley wrote:
Thank's, Butch Lesley