- Daniel Jackson's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This biography is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
- Date: ABT 1698
- SDATE 1 JUL 1698
- Date: 1781
- SDATE 1 JUL 1781
- Place: Chesterfield County, Virginia
- User ID: 2B41C50D5A0C764FAA2AAFBECC12553E1BA1
- Data Changed:
- Date: 29 MAR 2010
Prior to import, this record was last changed 29 MAR 2010.
- Daniel married Elizabeth Granger. She was the daughter of Joseph & Elizabeth Granger.
- 2 Oct 1727 Joseph Grainger of Prince George Co gave to his son-in-law Daniel Jackson of Henrico Co 100 acres in Prince George Co. [Prince George D&W,1713-28, p.1076]
- They received land under the terms of his will which was probated Jun 1740 in Amelia Co VA. [Will Book 1, p.8] This could just be a confirmation of the deed of gift of 1727.
- Daniel also rec'd 245 acres from his father's estate in 1738, on the east side of Swift Creek [this statement makes no sense given that his father had been dead for years, unless he rec'd land that had been the lifetime benefit of his mother - this may refer to the following]
- HENRICO CO VA DEEDS 1706-1737;
- p.123/350 30 Jun 1732 Ralph Jackson of Henrico sold to Thomas Nash, 275 acres on South side Swift Creek where John Grissell lives. Tract was patented by Jackson on 24 Mar 1725 [see above], next to Maj. Peter Field & Lickin Hole Crk. This was the choice of land which Ralph and his brother Daniel made, entered by their father Ralph Jackson and by Daniel sold to Ralph Jackson. Wit: John Nash, Anne Nash, Thos. Spencer, John Grissell. Obedience, wife, relinquished dower. Rec. 1st Mon Jul 1732.
- Said to have had two sons, two daughters, names unknown.
- CAVALIERS, Vol III:
- p.381 Daniel Jackson of Henrico, 168 acres Pr Geo Co on up side Manhipponock Crk between Jos Granger and Capt Buller Herbert, crossing Sawpen Meadow. 18 Sep 1728.
- [Jos Granger was Daniel's father-in-law. Whipponock Creek today lies in the north of Dinwiddie Co, near the junction of Dinwiddie, Amelia & Chesterfield. Other patents indicate this land was between the Whipponock and the Namozine which forms the Amelia/Dinwiddie line.]
- 2 July 1733 Henrico County, Virginia, Deeds 1706 ? 1737, page 399
- James Moor and Leah his wife of Henrico County, Virginia sold to Daniel Jackson of Prince
- George County for £5 100 acres on the north side of Swift Creek which Leah had from her father
- John Jackson, Dec?d, next to William Jackson and Joseph Jackson. John Nash was one of the
- Probably a record of this Daniel - Daniel Jackson, son of Thomas in Brunswick Co died there in Brunswick & his son Danl Jr moved to North Carolina.
- AMELIA CO VA DB 1, p.498
- 15 Jul 1742 James Munford of Prince George Co to Alexander Howard of Prince George. 198 acres on Sweat House Creek that Munford bought of Robert Davis whereon Davis lived. Wit: Daniel (X) Jackson, Richard (X) Glascock & Harry (X) Strutton. Proved by oaths of Jackson & Strutton on 21 Jan 1742 and by Clascock on 17 Jun 1743.
- WikiTree profile Jackson-3549 created through the import of Haden for WikiTree.ged on Oct 10, 2011 by Kay Haden. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Kay and others.
- Source: S189 Abbreviation: Haden/Jackson/Price - Thacker Title: Lt. Col. Ret. Jack H. Thacker, Jack Thacker Family Group Sheets and Summaries. Descendant of Haden, Price, Jackson. Note: 557 Dorado Drive CONT Fairborn, Ohio 45324 Repository: #R3
- Repository: R3 Name: My Files Address:
- Source: S623 Abbreviation: Cavaliers & Pioneers Title: Nell Marion Nugent, Cavaliers and Pioneers.: Abstracts of Virginia Land Patents and Grants , 7 Volumes. (Richmond: Virginia State Library.) Note: Found also at Birgminham Public Library. Vol I found at the FHC. Repository: #R17
- Repository: R17 Name: National Genalogical Society Address: Lending Library Address 1: Lending Library Note: The Lending Library of NGS was moved to St. Louis; the books may be obtained on Interlibrary Loan.
- Source: S709 Abbreviation: Jackson - Janice Friel Title: Jackson - Janice Friel <email@example.com> Descendant of Joseph Jackson, son of Ralph & Leah Williams. Email correspondence of Jun 2001. Repository: #R3
- Source: S740 Abbreviation: Jacksons of Kentucky Title: William Neel Jackson, Jacksons of Kentucky: Their Ancestors and Descendants (Bowling Green KY, 1982: LDS Microfiche #6088935) Page: p.87 Chapter 3 - Ralph Jackson, the Immigrant
- Source: S846 Abbreviation: VA Genalogist Title: The Virginia Genealogist; Quarterly Journal Repository: #R12 Data: Text: Vol 31; #1; 1987, p.11-19 "The Jacksons of Lower Virginia" by Evelyn Duke Brandenberger, Assisted by Clara Jackson Martin.
- Repository: R12 Name: Birmingham Public Library-Tutwiler Collection Address: 2100 Park Place CONT Birmingham, AL 35203 Address 1: 2100 Park Place City: Birmingham State: AL Postal Code: 35203 Note: M-T 9AM-8PM CONT W-Sa 9AM-6PM CONT Su 2PM-6PM Phone Number: 205-226-3665
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Daniel's ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages:
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.