- AJ Jacobs Junior's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Hello all! I'm a writer of several non-fiction books (including 'The Year of Living Biblically' and 'Drop Dead Healthy.' My next book is about genealogy and tracing my roots. And for the finale of the book, I plan to throw the largest family reunion in history. You're invited! All seven billion members of the human family are welcome. Those who have a confirmed link to me will get a special bracelet and be part of the record-breaking family photo. I'm excited to use collaborative genealogy and Wikitree as part of this project. I've already gotten some great volunteers working on my tree -- so thank you for that.
For more information on me and my project, here is a New York Times article I wrote about it recently... http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/01/opinion/sunday/are-you-my-cousin.html
And here's a link to my website page about it
Look forward to collaborating with everyone.
- First-hand information. Entered by Arnold Jacobs at registration.
- AJ's formal name
- full middle name (S.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (5)
- private siblings' names
- spouse's name and marriage information
AJ is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer following these tags:
AJ Jacobs's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with AJ or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- AJ Jacobs: Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 111 markers, haplogroup J-PF5456, FTDNA kit #331523
- AJ Jacobs: Family Tree DNA mtDNA Test Full Sequence, FTDNA kit #331523
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- "Cousin" AJ is the end page of Genome Magazine Oct 1, 2015.
- How many different countries or nations are connected to the Global Family Reunion and AJ please? Feb 18, 2015.
- To connect to a friend, should we add our distance from AJ to theirs, minus common links? Dec 3, 2014.
- Vox Article on AJ and the GFR Sep 12, 2014.
- Can anyone help find my connection to AJ Jacobs? I am certain I am a cousin! Sep 9, 2014.
- WikiTree, AJ Jacobs and Kitty Cooper mentioned in best of blogs this week ! Jun 23, 2014.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to AJ. (Best for comments to AJ that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about AJ that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On February 9, 2016 at 21:00GMT Norman Sykes wrote:
On January 23, 2016 at 18:44GMT Sharon Smith wrote:
Roger Williams 11 m Elizabeth Walling sister to my ancestor Abigail Walling
I liked this person Roger Williams governor of RI
On January 23, 2016 at 18:10GMT Sharon Smith wrote:
On December 23, 2015 at 18:57GMT Dadijo Penguinez wrote:
On September 30, 2015 at 14:20GMT Antoine Roberto wrote:
On August 12, 2015 at 21:16GMT Loretta Layman wrote:
http://www.house-of-lynn.com/Margaret_Lynn_Lewis.html Loretta (Lynn) Layman
On July 13, 2015 at 01:54GMT Linda Prole wrote:
On July 7, 2015 at 15:42GMT Griveau Alexis wrote:
On June 20, 2015 at 09:50GMT J Smith wrote:
On June 11, 2015 at 00:46GMT Mags Gaulden wrote:
It's your cousin Mags. Yes I was at the Global Family Reunion - Friday AND Saturday. I seem to have spent my time on the fringe of you. There are photo's of you with other people and I seem to be off in the back ground oblivious to your presence. Hilarious. My next book: "How I Missed My Cousin AJ at The Global Family Reunion!" Your dear cousin, Mags.