- AJ Jacobs Junior's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Hello all! I'm a writer of several non-fiction books (including 'The Year of Living Biblically' and 'Drop Dead Healthy.' My next book is about genealogy and tracing my roots. And for the finale of the book, I plan to throw the largest family reunion in history. You're invited! All seven billion members of the human family are welcome. Those who have a confirmed link to me will get a special bracelet and be part of the record-breaking family photo. I'm excited to use collaborative genealogy and Wikitree as part of this project. I've already gotten some great volunteers working on my tree -- so thank you for that.
For more information on me and my project, here is a New York Times article I wrote about it recently... http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/01/opinion/sunday/are-you-my-cousin.html
And here's a link to my website page about it
Look forward to collaborating with everyone.
- First-hand information. Entered by Arnold Jacobs at registration.
- AJ's formal name
- full middle name
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (5)
- private siblings' names
- spouse's name and marriage information
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
AJ Jacobs's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with AJ or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- How many different countries or nations are connected to the Global Family Reunion and AJ please? Feb 18, 2015.
- To connect to a friend, should we add our distance from AJ to theirs, minus common links? Dec 3, 2014.
- Vox Article on AJ and the GFR Sep 12, 2014.
- Can anyone help find my connection to AJ Jacobs? I am certain I am a cousin! Sep 9, 2014.
- WikiTree, AJ Jacobs and Kitty Cooper mentioned in best of blogs this week ! Jun 23, 2014.
- Another Not a Question - AJ Jacobs in People Magazine Jun 22, 2014.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to AJ. (Best for comments to AJ that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about AJ that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On June 20, 2015 at 09:50GMT J Smith wrote:
On June 11, 2015 at 00:46GMT M. Gaulden wrote:
It's your cousin Mags. Yes I was at the Global Family Reunion - Friday AND Saturday. I seem to have spent my time on the fringe of you. There are photo's of you with other people and I seem to be off in the back ground oblivious to your presence. Hilarious. My next book: "How I Missed My Cousin AJ at The Global Family Reunion!" Your dear cousin, Mags.
On June 8, 2015 at 02:36GMT Lee Martin wrote:
On June 3, 2015 at 16:46GMT Melanie Pohl wrote:
Bummed that I can't make it to the reunion... :(
On May 31, 2015 at 21:46GMT Alli Edwards wrote:
Thanks and Gig'em! Allison
On May 11, 2015 at 12:45GMT Jacqueline Brooks wrote:
Can I find degrees of separation to a distant relative using this feature?
On May 4, 2015 at 06:14GMT Ashley Lloyd wrote:
Blessed Be, Ashley
On April 28, 2015 at 11:50GMT Davina Dodds wrote:
On April 28, 2015 at 09:50GMT Lisa Anonymous wrote:
Hope your day is great!
On April 19, 2015 at 08:14GMT Rae Redford wrote: