- Profile (public view)
- Family Tree
- Profile (private view)
Hello all! I'm a writer of several non-fiction books (including 'The Year of Living Biblically' and 'Drop Dead Healthy.' My next book is about genealogy and tracing my roots. And for the finale of the book, I plan to throw the largest family reunion in history. You're invited! All seven billion members of the human family are welcome. Those who have a confirmed link to me will get a special bracelet and be part of the record-breaking family photo. I'm excited to use collaborative genealogy and Wikitree as part of this project. I've already gotten some great volunteers working on my tree -- so thank you for that.
For more information on me and my project, here is a New York Times article I wrote about it recently... http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/01/opinion/sunday/are-you-my-cousin.html
And here's a link to my website page about it
Look forward to collaborating with everyone.
- First-hand information. Entered by Arnold Jacobs at registration.
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- AJ's formal name
- full middle name
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (4)
- private siblings' names
- spouse's name and marriage information
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
AJ Jacobs's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with AJ or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree: Mitochondrial DNA test-takers in the direct maternal line: autosomal DNA test-takers will share significant DNA:
- Vox Article on AJ and the GFR Sep 12, 2014.
- Can anyone help find my connection to AJ Jacobs? I am certain I am a cousin! Sep 9, 2014.
- WikiTree, AJ Jacobs and Kitty Cooper mentioned in best of blogs this week ! Jun 23, 2014.
- Another Not a Question - AJ Jacobs in People Magazine Jun 22, 2014.
- How Crazy! I am 34 degrees of separation from AJ! WOW! May 23, 2014.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to AJ. (Best for comments to AJ that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages to or about AJ that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On September 25, 2014 at 17:06GMT Rebecca Selin wrote:
On September 22, 2014 at 01:11GMT Thomas Darga wrote:
On September 19, 2014 at 23:57GMT Rosalind Alley wrote:
Roz Waite Alley
On September 13, 2014 at 05:32GMT PHLGenepool Allison wrote:
On September 11, 2014 at 01:39GMT Patrick Falkiner wrote:
On September 4, 2014 at 16:39GMT Stephanie Martin wrote:
On August 29, 2014 at 19:03GMT Jessica Cleveland wrote:
On August 23, 2014 at 20:03GMT Lindsay Resnick wrote:
On August 17, 2014 at 00:47GMT Michael Stills wrote:
A passage in "What's in a Name?: History and Meaning of Wyckoff" (page 29) by M. William Wykoff states:
" In her conclusion, writing from Salt Lake City, Epperson states that family history ultimately teaches us that we are all part of one huge family, and as artificial boundaries disappear, it could become anathema to war against nations of relatives. 'then there will be peace on earth, good will to men'. (P.105)"*
- Gwenn F. Epperson, New Netherland Roots, 1994
On August 13, 2014 at 21:10GMT Sandie Banks wrote: