Will, Elijah Jenkins, 11 July 1832, Wb C, pg 10-11
Georgia Morgan County .... 1st, I give ... daughter Aminta Randy... negro man ... Melvin at the death of my sister Polly Starr ... 2nd, I give ... Betsy Ann Jenkins ...negro girl ... Martha at the death of my wife Ann Jenkins ... 3rd, I give ... wife Ann Jenkins the south west half... the lot on which I reside including the buildings, also fifty acres adjoining the said half lot on the south west puchased of Humphey Gilmore, also five Negroes ... and all my household ... furniture ... (live stock), wagon, oxcart ... Plantation tools (for life, after to children)... 5). Appoint ... wife Ann Jenkins and my son Green B. Jenkins my Executor... 11 July 1832.
(w) W. J. King
(w) Sarah Willborn
(w) Nathl. Allen
(signed) Elijah Jenkins, Seal
Georgia Morgan County... open Court Nathaniel Allen and
William King ... subscribing witnesses ... Sworn ... Open Court
5 November 1832 Test, John W. Darter, C.Co
Recorded 8 November 1832.
Georgia, Probate Records, 1742-1975, Morgan.
Wills and marriages 1808-1899 vol A-D
Family Search, Image 396/752, accessed 27 March 2013.
- ↑ Entered by James Hodges, Feb 19, 2013
Thanks to James Hodges for starting this profile.
Click the Changes tab for the details of contributions by James and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Elijah's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.