Carrie was born about 1857. She is the presumed daughter of Thomas Kindness and Marleah Moulton. She is identified in the 1875 NY State Census as "Indian". She is also believed to be a sibling of Dr. Lee-o-netto.
Data & Discussion
For a detailed review of records, images, and other items of interest concerning this individual please visit the Caroline Augusta Kanistanaux post on my research blog. I update this post whenever I discover new items.
- Carrie appears in the 1875 New York State Census for Stockton, Chautauqua Co. NY as a daughter in the household of Layton Kanistanaux. 
- Carrie appears with her husband in the 1880 U.S. Census for Chautauqua, Chautauqua Co. NY.
- Carrie appears with her husband in the 1982 New York State Census for Stockton, Chautauqua Co. NY.
- Carrie appears with her husband in the 1900 U.S. Census for Stockton, Chautauqua Co. NY.
- Carrie appears with her husband in the 1910 U.S. Census for Randolph, Cattaraugus Co. NY
- Carrie appears with her husband in the 1930 U.S. Census for Randolph, Cattaraugus Co. NY
Randolph, NY - The Randolph Register, Friday July 10, 1931
Former Sample Hill Lady Died at East Randolph --- The death of Mrs. Caroline Augusta Horton, wife of F. N. Horton, occurred at her home in Spring Street, East Randolph, Sunday evening at 7 o'clock, aged 74 years. Mrs. Horton has been in failing health for some time and a heart difficulty was given as cause of death. Mr. and Mrs. Horton had been residents of Sample Hill for a number of years, occupying the old Van Ranselaer farm, until last fall when they purchased their home in East Randolph. Besides the husband, Mrs. Horton is survived by one son, Leon Horton, and a daughter, Mrs. Grace Kelley, all of East Randolph; a sister, Dr. Lee O. Netto of Allegany, also thirteen grandchildren. Funeral services were held from the late home Wednesday afternoon at 2 o'clock, Rev. F.. Peck, pastor of the Randolph Baptist Church, officiated. Pall bearers, all old friends and neighbors of deceased, were L.H.Brown, Richard Einfeldt, Clarence Anderson, Ben McElwain, Fenn Caswell and Charles Riddell. Burial was made in East Randolph cemetery. Those attending the funeral from away were; Dr. Lee O. Netto, Mrs. Mossman and Mr. Hall, Allegany; Mr. and Mrs. Charles Nash, Cherry Creek.
- Nancy L, preliminary research.
- Visit my blog GWILODWÔGAN for the details of my research on this family.
- ↑ NY State Census, 1875, Stockton, Chautauqua Co., pg. 30, Dwelling #317, Family #328
- ↑ U.S. Census, 1880, Chautauqua, Chautauqua Co., NY, pg.18
- ↑ NY State Census, 1892, Stockton, Chautauqua Co., NY
- ↑ U.S. Census, 1900, Stockton, Chautauqua Co., NY, pg.5
- ↑ U.S. Census, 1910, Randolph, Cattaraugus Co., NY
- ↑ U.S. Census, 1930, Randolph, Cattaraugus Co., NY
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Carrie's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.