- Henry Kanistanaux's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Henry Isaac was born about 1859. He is the presumed son of Thomas Kindness and Marleah Moulton. He is also believed to be a sibling of Dr. Lee-o-netto.Henry Isaac Kanistanaux is identified as "Indian" in Census Records.
Data & Discussion
For a detailed review of records, images, and other items of interest concerning this individual please visit the Henry Isaac Kanistanaux post on my research blog. I update this post whenever I discover new items.
- Henry appears in the 1875 New York State Census for Stockton, Chautauqua Co. NY as a son in the household of Layton Kanistanaux. 
- Henry appears in the 1880 U.S. Census for Stockton, Chautauqua Co. NY as a son in the household of Layton Kanistanaux.
- I.H. appears in the 1982 New York State Census for Ellicott, Chautauqua Co. NY with a wife named Christine, b.abt.1857 in Sweden. His occupation is "car inspector".
- Isaac H. appears in the 1905 New York State Census for Pomfret, Chautauqua Co. NY with a wife named Belle, b.abt.1855 in Canada.
- Isaac appears in the 1910 U.S. Census for Pomfret, Chautauqua Co. NY with a wife named Anna, b.abt.1855 in Canada. They have been married 7 years. His occupation is "farm laborer"
- Fredonia Censor, April 23, 1920
"The death of I. Henry Kanistanaux, an Indian, occurred at his home on Howard St Fredonia, Wednesday Morning after a long illness, He was 62 yrs old and had lived in the area for several yrs. He is survived by his wife Isabelle. He leaves a sister Dr Lee Onetto of Allegany, burial in Webster St Cemetery"
- Nancy L, preliminary research.
- Visit my blog GWILODWÔGAN for the details of my research on this family.
- ↑ NY State Census, 1875, Stockton, Chautauqua Co., pg. 30, Dwelling #317, Family #328
- ↑ U.S. Census, 1880, Stockton, Chautauqua Co., NY, pg.17, Dwelling #185 , Family #189
- ↑ NY State Census, 1892, Ellicott, Chautauqua Co., NY, pg.9
- ↑ NY State Census, 1905, Pomfret, Chautauqua Co., NY, pg.11
- ↑ U.S. Census, 1910, Pomfret, Chautauqua Co., NY, pg. 9a
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Henry's ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.