- William Kanistanaux's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Data & Discussion
For a detailed review of records, images, and other items of interest concerning this individual please visit the William Kanistanaux post on my research blog. I update this post whenever I discover new items.
- Willie appears in the 1875 New York State Census for Stockton, Chautauqua Co. NY as a son in the household of Layton Kanistanaux. 
- Willie appears in the 1880 U.S. Census for Stockton, Chautauqua Co. NY as a son in the household of Layton Kanistanaux.
- William B. in the 1982 New York State Census for Stockton, Chautauqua Co. NY in the household of Layton & Marleah Kanistanaux.
- William appears in the 1900 U.S. Census for Stockton, Chautauqua Co. NY as the head of household with wife, Maud A., b.Oct-1877 in New York. 
- See William Yokum aka Kanistanaux for a different perspective of the same person.
- Nancy L, preliminary research.
- Visit my blog Research Journal for the details of my research on this family.
- ↑ NY State Census, 1875, Stockton, Chautauqua Co., pg. 30, Dwelling #317, Family #328
- ↑ U.S. Federal Census, 1880, Stockton, Chautauqua Co., NY, pg.17, Dwelling #185 , Family #189
- ↑ NY State Census, 1892, Stockton, Chautauqua Co., NY
- ↑ U.S. Federal Census, 1900, Stockton, Chautauqua Co., NY, pg.15
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of William's ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On November 28, 2014 at 16:13GMT Canyon Wolf Lecompte wrote:
We do have documentation in the form of census records that refer to William as a son of Laton & Mary Kanistanaux. Although I believe this is false, I have yet to find anything really concrete, but there are hints. There is mention in Laton's obituary that William was a grandchild "by marriage", but this was after William left NY and the person writing the obituary may have been trying to distance the remaining family from William. William in not listed in Laton's land claim application as a son, but once again this was after he left NY, so family politics may be involved.
I prefer to keep the two profiles separate until something concrete shows up in the form of documentation.