This biography is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
- User ID: 6A9D28656192204AAFF5ECF4CD8C19482F99
- Note: John Walter Keller was born in Washington Co., VA near Abingdon in 1871, the eldest child of Jacob and Rebecca (Robinson) Keller. His mother died when he was 3 1/2 years old. His father died when he was 14. In the early 1890's he came by train to Madison County, IA where he lived for a few years with a sister of his mother and family, the Charles Clarks.
- As Walter as he was called grew up, he was cared for by his father with the help of his father's sisters, particularly one aunt, Virginia (Keller) Pile. Following is a letter written to him by the Aunt in May of 1907 a few months prior to her death back at Abingdon.........
- May the 21, 1907
- Children I'll drop you a few lines to let you no I am a little beter at this time hoping this may reach and find you all well and doing well. Walter you wanted to no if I had a deed to the old home place I have not But can have if I live. Thare is many things going to loss that you could have if you ware heare your picture for one thing. Robert has been at home and I sold the little home Below I thought I would Sell it it was waring me out. now Walter let me no if you will ever come out her to live on my land if you want to Sell it Sell it to Charles Maxwell. I do not want it to go out of the family. You write Back and let me no what you want me to do. Kiss the sweet little babies for me they have been a pleasure to me since I got thare pictures keep them going to School tell Carrie to write. Wright soon. All join in love,
- By By Your Aunt Jinie
- Aunt Virginia (Keller) Pile died September 7, 1907, and is buried in the Keller cemetery.
- Data Changed:
- Date: 17 Dec 2000
- Time: 13:04:10
- Date: 17 Dec 2000
Prior to import, this record was last changed 13:04:10 17 Dec 2000.
- WikiTree profile Keller-431 created through the import of rgy_complete.ged on Jun 23, 2011 by Robert York. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Robert and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of John Walter's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.