- James Jack Ketchum's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
|James Jack Ketchum was a Native American and member of the Lenape tribe.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Native Americans Project!
Tahleeockwhe (Captain Jack, or possibly James. Ketchum), was born 1780 in Tuscarawas County, Ohio, died 11 July 1857 at White Church, Kansas and was buried there in the White Church Cemetery. He served in the War of 1812 under General Cass, enlisting 18 June 1812 and being discharged 1 October 1812 at Fort Wayne, Indiana. Tahleeockwhe became the Chief of the Turtle Clan in 1826, and was Head Chief from 1849 until his death in 1857. He applied for bounty land on 3 March , Jacket No. 183943. Tahleeockwhe was a member of the Methodist Church South for 22 years. His wife is not mentioned. National Archive Records)
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of James Jack's ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Darlene Cypser and Kirt Fetterling. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On November 9, 2015 at 03:50GMT Michelle McQueen wrote:
On November 1, 2015 at 14:48GMT Michelle McQueen wrote:
James Jack is 20 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 52 degrees from Anne Frank, 20 degrees from AJ Jacobs and 22 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.