- William King's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
William was born in 1848. William King ... 
According to records kept by the National Park Service's Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, there are several William Kings from Tennesse who served in the Confederate Army. A William King is listed in Company C of the 18th Regiment, Tennessee Cavalry (Newsom's) which recruited from McNairy County. Unable to confirm at this time as to whether he is the same individual in my Wikitree record. There are several William Kings from Tennessee who served with the Union, but no indication as to recruited counties.
- Kelly Sinclair, firsthand knowledge. Click the Changes tab for the details of edits by Kelly and others.
- ↑ Entered by Kelly Sinclair, Feb 5, 2012
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with William by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share significant DNA with William:
- Kelly Sinclair - 23andMe
- Kelly Sinclair - AncestryDNA
- Kelly Sinclair - Family Tree DNA Family Finder
GEDMatch ID M153948
Family Tree DNA kit B17272
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.