Joseph Knight was born about 1624 in Romsey, Southampton, England.
Joseph Knight, Sr. died 13 August 1687 in Woburn, Massachusetts.
He married, apparently 10 Dec 1649 Hannah Lamb. Online trees claim Watertown, but no such marriage is recorded in the published Watertown vital records; nor is such a marriage recorded in Woburn, MA, where the family resided
- "Joseph, sen., was originally of Watertown. He sold his house there, Dec. 10, 1649; and soon after, with his wife, Hanah, removed to Woburn. He was made freeman 1652, was taxed in Woburn, 1666; and was numbered among those who had right in the common lands of Woburn, 1668. [goes on to name his children born in Woburn by wife Hannah]...
- "Joseph Knight ["Sen." County Records] died 13 Aug 1687. Hannah, relict of Joseph Knight, se., died 13 Jan. 1694-5."
- ↑ Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850, database (americanacestors.org), Boston, MA: NEHGS, citing Woburn Vital Records, volume 2, p 108: (Deaths) KNIGHT, Joseph, Sen., s. of ----, Aug. 13, 1687.
- ↑ NOTE: this is the date most often given as his marriage to Hannah Lamb.
- ↑ excerpted from Samuel Sewall, et al., The History of Woburn, Middlesex County, Mass..., Genealogical Notes: KNIGHT, p 623-624
- WikiTree profile Knight-1291 created through the import of Scoullar Family Tree dec07.ged on Jul 10, 2011 by Rhonda Scoullar. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Rhonda and others.
- WikiTree profile Knight-1220 created through the import of WALKER2Large.ged on Jun 9, 2011 by Amanda Walker. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Amanda and others.
- Wilfred Vasile, firsthand knowledge. Click the Changes tab for the details of edits by Wilfred and others.
- WikiTree profile Knight-2528 created through the import of my family 10.ged on Aug 1, 2012 by Lydia Vierson. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Lydia and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).DNA
No known carriers of Joseph's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Grant Glover, Beverley Scott, Eugene Quigley, Lydia Vierson, and Rhonda Scoullar. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.