- Robert Knightley's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- "His son Robert IV. of Knightley, who was summoned in 1301 to follow his king against the Scots with horse and arms, follows his father's steps and matches to good purpose with Alice Doyley, daughter of Sir John Doyley of Ranton and heir of her brother Henry Doyley of Cowley. She brought her husband the manor of Little Wyrley and overlived him two and twenty years, dying in the plague year of 1349. Their son Robert V. is a knight with broad lands in Staffordshire, Derbyshire, Shropshire and Berkshire, and dying about 1365 leaves a son and heir, Sir John Knightley, who is dead in 1393, the last male of the direct line of Knightleys of Knightley. A daughter and heir, Joan of Knightley, takes Knightley with her to her husband Roger Peshall, and their daughter, another Joan, takes the land from Peshall to Lee, marrying William Lee, a busy lawyer from Shropshire. They had no child, and the last lady of Knightley conveys away Knightley to her cousin Richard Peshall, to whom she had already passed away her shield of the arms of Knightley, excluding herself and all others of her name from any right in it."
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Robert's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Robert is 25 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 26 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 35 degrees from Michael Phelps, 30 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 23 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.