- Anne Knollys was born in 1555 . She married on 19 November 1571, Thomas West, 2nd Baron De la Warr, son of William West, 1st Baron De la Warr and Elizabeth Strange. 
- Anne was the daughter of Sir Francis Knolles/Knollys/Knowles and Katherine Carey. 
- As a result of her marriage, Anne Knollys was styled as Baroness De la Warr on 30 December 1595.
- NOTE: Anne's husband Thomas did not inherit the barony automatically at his father's death on 30 December 1595. The House of Lords placed Thomas in the ancient barony 14 November 1597, which was the date Anne could be called Baroness de la Warr. 
- Anne and Thomas had six sons: Robert, [Knight], Thomas [Knight] 3rd Lord de la Warr, Governor of Virginia], Walsingham, Francis, Esq., Governor of Virginia, John, Governor of Virginia, Nathaniel [Lieut. Col.] and eight daughters: Elizabeth, Lettice (m. Henry Ludlow, Esq.), Anne, Penelope, Katherine, Helen (m. William Savage, [Knight], Anne (again), Elizabeth (again). 
- Ann "presented to the church of Goodworth Clatford, Hampshire, England, 23 December 1622". 
- "She left a will dated 2 July 1633, proved 17 August 1633 (Cons. court of Winchester)". 
- Richardson, Royal Ancestry (2013) Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, 5 vols., ed. Kimball G. Everingham, (Salt Lake City, Utah: the author, 2013), volume I, page 353-354, Baroness Anne De La Warr.
- A genealogical and heraldic history of the extinct and dormant baronetcies of England, John Burke and John Bernard Burke. Published 1838.
- The Earliest Sherms of Dedham, Essex, and their Wives, NEHGR, VOL. 167, Michael Johnson Wood
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Anne's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Ted Williams, Katherine Wall, and Charles Michael Manning. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Anne is 16 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 42 degrees from Anne Frank, 18 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 17 degrees from Abraham Stoker and 12 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.