- Isaac Larrabee's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Isaac left Scarborough in May 1763 with his wife and three children, and others, embarked on a small vessel commanded by Capt. Buck for Machias, where they landed in a small creek or cove on 20 May 1763. He was the first English settler to come to Machias. Here he built a large double log-house within 8 or 10 rods of the falls . He was one of the "16 Associates", as they were called, that formed an association for the purpose of building mills and engaging in lumbering operations in Machias. In 1763 they built the first sawmill in Machias. He relocated to Bucks Harbor in cMay 1772. He was in Capt. Sevey's Co., Sgt MA. He served twice with colonists during Rev. War.
Isaac & Deborah were cousins .
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Isaac's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Isaac is 17 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 39 degrees from Anne Frank, 23 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 28 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.