John was born about 1705. John Lee ... He passed away in 1770. 
No more info is currently available for John Lee. Can you add to his biography?
- Randy Tate, firsthand knowledge. Click the Changes tab for the details of edits by Randy and others.
- !This line was being researched by Ruth Keys Clark, P.O.B. 153, Winchester, Kansas 66097-0153, ca 1994.
!John's will was dated Aug. 15, 1770 and probated Mar. 18, 1771, in Goochland Co., Virginia. In it he names his wife Lucy and children John, Benjamin, and Stephen, and Deborah (Hodges), and Helena (Jackson), and granddaughter Lucy Eubanks. Witnesses were Richard Eubank, Lewis Herdon, and James Page. The will book says the will was witnessed by the "mark" of Joseph Page, but the court record says it was signed by James Page. These were no doubt the sons of Axelheath Page - their sister Betsey had married John Lee Jr.
!WFT tree 2022, CD 12, shows his parents as Thomas and Ann Lee, and traces his Lee ancestry earlier than 1530 in Shropshire, England.
!However, correspondence Apr. 15, 1999 from Lois Werline, of Kansas City, MO, shows his line as John (William,William,Richard Henry Lee) where Richard Henry Lee is the father of the Sir Richard Lee who married Letitia Corbin and who was the predecessor of the line of Gen. Robert E. Lee.
- ↑ Entered by Randy Tate, Dec 2, 2011
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of John's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.