This person was created through the import of Acrossthepond.ged on 21 February 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- Note: @N11140@
- @N11140@ NOTE
- Said by John D Newport at Ancestry.com to be daughter of Roger Lee and his second wife, Joanna Burnell, and to have married her half-brother.
- User ID: DAED50A6638B4F41A94726527733E0073440
- Data Changed:
- Date: 7 APR 2010
Prior to import, this record was last changed 7 APR 2010.
Rogerus Lee, son and heir, first lord of Langley. Marries Johanna, daughter and heiress of Edward Burnell. Being the eldest son of Robert Lee, he succeeds to most of the property on the paternal side, and his issue forms the direct line, or first branch, of the family. He also marries an heiress, by whom he obtains the Langley Estate, situated in Shropshire. Edward Burnell is mentioned in the parliamentary writs of Edward H. as the son and heir of Philip Burnell, who was summoned to parliament as a baron in 1316, and held lands in fourteen counties.
"Robert Lee of Langley, in the county of Shropshire. Marries Petronilla née Unknown, as appears per chart dated eleventh year of Henry IV., and another seventeenth of Henry VI., and also another dated twentieth of Henry VI.
- ↑ Note on Petronilla Lee: Said by John D Newport at Ancestry.com to be daughter of Roger Lee and his second wife, Joanna Burnell, and to have married her half-brother. (Still looking for confirmation. amb)
- ↑ Mead, p. 35.,accessed 2014-05-11, amb
- Edward Campbell Mead, Genealogical History of the Lee Family of Virginia and Maryland from A.D. 1300 to A.D. 1866 (Google eBook). University Publishing Company, 1871.
- Hugh M. Thomas, The English and the Normans : Ethnic Hostility, Assimilation, and Identity 1066-c.1220 (Google eBook). Oxford University Press, Apr 10, 2003. amb
This person was created on 19 April 2011 through the import of Stout - Trask - Cowan .ged.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Petronella's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson and Anonymous S. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for questions directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On May 14, 2014 Michelle Brooks wrote:
On May 12, 2014 Michelle Brooks wrote: