Born [date unknown] [location unknown]
[father unknown] and
[date unknown] in Pennsylvania
This page has been accessed 496 times.
This person was created through the import of Acrossthepond.ged on 21 February 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- Date: 1 JAN 1652
- Note: @N1871@
- @N1871@ NOTE
- Pennsylvania Traveler Post, Vol 1, Issue 3, May 1965, an article about the Toby Leech family.
- Toby Leech joined with three other Quakers, John Ashmead, Richard Wall and Edward Bolton to purchase 1000 acres from William Penn.
- Toby & Hester along with their son were on the 18th boat (The Bristol Factor) to leave for PA. from England. Toby died in 1726.
- When Toby died, he had acquired 2,700 acres of land and had been a member of the PA Assembly in 1713, 1714, 1715, 1717, and 1719. It is also believed Toby was a large stockholder and a member of the Free Society of Traders. As such he built several mills along the Tacony Creek and was given additional land by William Penn as a partial compensation for the risk he took in investing in the society.
- from genforum: this is the same Toby Leech who came from Cheltenham, England at the time of William Penn. He was an original PA land owner as was his father-in-law John Ashmead, who never came to this country, but left his land to Toby. Toby's mother-in-law was Mary Ashmead; she came over on the Bristol Factor.
- User ID: 21902184FBAF4716BC38394D9734D2F569A7
- Data Changed:
- Date: 25 JAN 2010
Prior to import, this record was last changed 25 JAN 2010.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Tobias's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA test.
If you have taken a DNA test for genealogy please login and enter it.
For public comments, here are the options:
- Public Bulletin Board: You need to be a logged-in community member to post bulletin board comments for the family. (Best for comments about Tobias Leech directed to WikiTree users watching this profile. Limit of 10 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear here and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist Q&A Forum. (Best for questions about Tobias Leech directed to our genealogy community.)
- Private Message: You can also send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
There are no bulletin board comments yet.