- Minard Lefever's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This biography is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
- Note: #H1176
- WikiTree profile Lefever-53 created through the import of Moody-Howell_2011-06-05.ged on Jun 11, 2011 by Robert Moody. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Robert and others.
- Note H1176Database: Daughters of the American Revolution Lineage Books (152 Vols.)
- Combined Matches: 6
- The National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution Volume 74
- page 76
- Mrs. Sarah Risher Neel.
- DAR ID Number: 73200
- Born in Allegheny County, Pa.
- Wife of James B. Neel.
- Descendant of Minard Lefever.
- Daughter of Daniel Risher and Rebecca Gamble, his wife.
- [p.76] Granddaughter of Hezekiah Gamble and Harriet Irwin, his wife.
- Gr-granddaughter of John Irwin and Sallie Lefever, his wife.
- Gr-gr-granddaughter of Minard Lefever and Charity Teets, his wife.
- Minard Lefever (1753-1832) served as private under Capt. Peter Vorhies, Col. Matthias Ogden's 1st regiment, New Jersey Line. He was wounded in the battle of Monmouth, 1778, and later served under other commands. He was born in France; died in Fredericktown, Ohio.
- Title: Probate Record
- Text: 1836 PROBATE RECORD: Ohio, Knox County, Ohio, Court Minutes - 1836, Page 128, supplied by Patricia McCain, Deputy Clerk 15 Sept. 1995: Darla Lewis copy. States Minard LeFEVER date of
- death as well as lists all the heirs with spouses of Minard LeFEVER.
- From Darla Lewis records: Minard LaFEVER served in the active military forces from New Jersey during the Revolutionary War, 1775-1783, as follows: Private, Second Regiment, Somerset County Militia; in active service with Capt. Peter D. Vrooms Company, at Millstone, March 26 to April 3, 1777; in detachment commanded by Capt. John Sebring, May 30, 1778. In active service, Capt. John Sebring's Company, Colonel Sylvanus Seely's Regiment, July 31 to August 23, 1780. Private, Capt. Elias Longstreet's Company, First Regiment, New Jersey Continental Line; enlisted from Capt, Rynear Staat's Company, Second Regiment, Somerset County Militia, May 2, 1778, for nine months; also served under Capt. Peter Voorhees; was discharged Feb. 27, 1779. Rec'd Cert. #166, dated may 10, 1784, signed by Wm. Verbryck, for the deprecation of his Continental pay in the Somerset County Militia. This is per a letter rec'd from the State of New Jersey, Dept. of Defense, Armory Drive, P.O. Box 979, Trenton, J.K. 08625 dated 5 Oct. 1964. Rec'd this from Donna LeFEVER Bowman.
- NOTE #2
- National Achieves - Record # 21223/41714. The records state he served under Capt. Peter Vrooms in 1st Jersey Regiment Commanded by Col. Ogden. It states Minard LeFEVER was honorably discharged at Elizabethtown, N.J. Minard LeFEVER re enlisted in June 1789 in the Company Commanded by
- Capt. Joseph Clusion and Col. Seally in the Jersey Continental Establishment. Minard LeFEVER filed for a pension at the age of 75 while living with his son, James LeFEVER in Knox Co., Ohio. The pension file
- contains depositions given by Minard LeFEVER and his son, James LeFEVER. These depositions list Minard's belongs as being: 1 old wagon, worth about ; about 5 to 7 head of horned cattle; about 10 or 12 country sheep (common breed); 2 beds and some bedding; some other articles of household furniture not exceeding in value .00. It also states that his wife died in October 1822.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Minard's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Minard is 21 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 47 degrees from Anne Frank, 28 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 31 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 26 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.